GRASS system in jmonkey engine V3.2 "2019"

Hi, download the latest version of jmonkey engine but I can not see what can be added to the tree of nodes or grass, or trees. Does anyone know how to install the plugin or is there something that can not be done?

You seem to be making the same circular mistake. This is not Unity or Godot. You can’t just “drag-n-drop” your way through a game like with those engines.

Jmonkey is very much a “programmers” engine. Most - pretty much 99.9% - is all programming-related. Virtually none of the time are you using a GUI and dragging things around.

So to anwser your question - you must find “code” - which is readily available in various and multiple topics - and write code. Get rid of the whole “GUI” method of thinking. It is not the “jmonkey” way.

I understand what you say, however there is a video where they show that there is a tool with these features … Look.

A part is in the documentation of the engine … I really do not understand your comment so negative.
https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/jme3/contributions/vegetationsystem/grass.html#rendering-vegetation-basic

im not sure, anyway i used JME contribution libs for grass. there are many of them. each of them are used via code, i didnt even know SDK had that option. maybe it was in JME 2.

some of libs use density maps, some other ways.

Do you know any place where I can have an example code or something to guide me to start with the theme of vegetation ?.

and how do I look for that? … Where do I find it?

https://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/search?q=grass

see first and:

this one is old, but i remember it was good.

Ok in this tutorial talk about it … I’m going to review it … thanks.

You misunderstand. It is not meant to be negative, just an explanation of the difference. I have used unity extensively. I like it. I learned c# before java. But for me the experiences are completely different. In unity I learnt how to use an IDE. In jmonkey I learn how to become a games developer. In unity I’m encouraged to download assets. In jmonkey I’m encouraged to learn how to write my own assets.

Both engines have their positives and negatives. But they are not similar in design. One is heavily IDE based. One is heavily programmer-based. My only intent is to get you to try to understand the difference.

For rapid development, unity wins every time. Drag and drop. Click this. Click that. Boom. Done.

OK, thanks … I said that because I wanted a solution I did not care if it was writing code or installing a plugin … I wanted to know how to create grass in jmonkey engine … I saw projects of examples in other issues … thanks for taking the time to explain and if I imagine that using this engine will help me to be a better programmer.

1 Like

There are approximately 6,962,345 ways to do grass. It will all depend on exactly what you require.

1 Like

well tell me 1 way to put grass on a mesh …

Make a bunch of triangles in a batch.

Excuse me, it would be a lot of work if I ask you for 1 code example … As simple as possible … Thank you for your time

Or an example of code in another language … It does not matter … I need to see how the grass is built … The logical process, there are things that I can not understand

There is grass in this demo:

…it uses billboarded batched triangles, though. Not just plain triangles. Again, it all depends on what you want.

I would be happy to write a full custom grass system for you if you want to discuss contracting rates.

Edit: example of what it looks like here:

1 Like

I have no money … I am currently doing a series of tutorials in Spanish to share knowledge in the Hispanic community since there is practically no information … thank you very much for your time.

Perhaps the threshold for using this is lower:

Technically, you could add grass “nodes” in Blender, then import the model and load them. To do that you first need to

1. check how modeling in blender works. snap to surface is a good tool.
  2. learn to import models to jme, preferably via gltf format.
  3. learn how to find specific meshes and modify them in code.

In any case, it comes with a small example.

1|
OK … very many thanks, I’m looking at everything they told me.