Halfextents

@wezrule said:
The Vector2f was to make u happy...

I don't need Vectors to be happy, but thanks for the thought.

Even if a quad itself is 2D, it doesn't mean it can't be placed in 3D space. That location has to be 3D.

As for other engines, fine, some seems to use that. As I said, I don't make decisions here (aren't you glad huh?) so in the end it doesn't matter to me as long as the actual functionality isn't removed.

yeh the original functionality is still there, else everything will probably break :), its just to allow people to shift the origin away from being (0, 0) if they wanted :).

And i actually did make it a Vector3f at the start, and was gonna add rotation as well, but I didn’t wanna mess with it too much (and cause more aggro), so I just extended the current one a little bit (as I thought it wouldn’t carry with it any controversy)

Please for the love of all that is holy do not add an origin to any more mesh constructors. These are a bane in all other cases (like Box) and have led to so much user confusion.

If you want your mesh in a different place then construct it yourself or add it to a geometry and move it.

yeh, the box constructors, have caused user confusion before, mainly “why doesn’t getLocalTranslation() work properly”, which i guess would be alleviated with better documentation. But I understand the concerns, I can just subclass Quad easily enough, and use it myself, not a problem.

There are still some comments which need changing tho, mainly:

[java]* @param width The X extent or width

• @param height The Y extent or width[/java]

Second one needs to be changed to height on both constructors

(sorry for any aggro)