Help test jME3 on your android phone!

Kind of worked on the t-mobile hd2. Could not see textures but ran at 56 fps

hi, where can I get the support for android.

I have downloaded the JME3 and there is no way to create a android project.

Hello Jee,

I donā€™t really know, I actually have bought Unity 3 Android Pro licence and will be making games with it. It is released next week.

JMonkeyEngine was my second choice.

Hello Henri

In fact I am looking for some API for transforming 3d ojbects in my android game, with it I will easily rotate some verctor, point or plane, and detect if there is a overlap.

I have do some research, and try to apart some code form the jinngine or the jave3d api, but their documentation is bad, I can not got the point in a short time.

Could you give me some adivice? Thank you very much.

Get Unity 3 Pro + Unity Android Pro licences if you have the money. It is released next week. they cost 2400$ total. Unity is well documented.

Wow, these screenshots are greate, I will take that into consideration. Thank you.

Hello.

I have a Motorola Quench and tested the APK. I got a FPS around 55 and 58 in both portrait and landscape modes. Some peeks at 62.

Unfortunetely, as Quench does not have a QWERTY keyboard, I was unable to execute the WASD commands, testing the camera rotation only. When rotating, the FPS dropped to around 23-30. If you want, I can take some screenshots. Hope this helps.

Regards.

Hi,

i got a galaxy s recently and got 55 to 56 fps with the jme3_2.apk

ā€¦ but i got called away and afterwards the phone was not reactingā€¦ had to rebootā€¦

second try it says it using 4,31 mb

there are 6 stones to see but i think the texures are broken the stones are mostly white and look flatā€¦ and some brown on the sidesā€¦

I mirror Karstens points exactly on my Samsung Galaxy S (2.1 update-1). White balls with brown on the sides. Unable to move about because of lack of keyboard. 55fps. But at least it works !

Just tried it on my GalaxyS, got the same result. Only I couldnā€™t exit the application.

Where abouts can I download the android project?

Unfortunately the Android development has become a bit cluttered due to the lack of a single dedicated developer. As a result, thereā€™s currently no ā€œofficialā€ Android developer.

We are hoping @antonyudin will kindly commit his work as soon as possible. If he remains committed to this task we will be sure to do all we can to support his work.

Thank you all for testing!

Hi, howā€™s everybody doing? Iā€™m quite new to jME but have been developing for android (augmented reality) for over a year. Currently Iā€™m involved in the betaville project and would like to get the jME3 working on android. Iā€™ve about 1.5 months to spend some extra time on this and a fellow student of mine might work on this as part of his bachelor thesis. Could the recent contributers (@antonyudin ?) please give a short briefing on what has been achieved so far and what are the plans in order to avoid redundant work?

Thank you in advance.

Hello.

I have gotten JME3 working on Droid X. The previous demo (9 simple-textured spheres) works.

I took LWJGLRenderer and then step by step ported it to Android 2.2 mainly using verbose debug messages and a USB cable with logcat.

I will definitely post the code this weekend.

Iā€™m going to continue working on the JME3+Android integration as long as Android platform and JME3 are alive.

I had several questions to the main developers about the architecture of the Renderer and JmeSystem.

I think this areas might be improved.

That is my report.

antonyudin said:
I had several questions to the main developers about the architecture of the Renderer and JmeSystem.

Ready when you are! :D

Hi, thanks for your report, Iā€™m looking forward seeing your code. Iā€™m still struggling to get it running from the sources available through SVN and play around with the NDK for GL2 support. The code under src/android seems outdated (e.g. inconsistent usage of Java generics), however.

antonyudin this is great you are a hero!

I checked out the latest code from branches/jme3 however, Iā€™m not able to get i running on my Nexus One (SDK 8/2.2.1).

• Check out branches/jme3
  • Create new android project
  • Step by step link all necessary sources until the project can be built
  • Symlink the subdirectories of src/core-data to android-assets-folder

At this point I was able to run the application but I crashed because of NullPointer exceptions thrown mainly because of missing assets.

Running com.jme3.app.AndroidHarness fails because of plain_texture{.j3md, .frag, .vert} and monkey.j3i are missing. After I added these files from previous revisions it crashed as of ā€œjava.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unrecognized blend mode: AlphaAdditiveā€. I order to get around that I made OGLESContext create an OGLESShaderRenderer instead of an OGLESRenderer. This again resulted in a bunch of ā€œcalled unimplemented OpenGL ES APIā€ errors and eventually threw an IndexOutOfBoundsException in com.jme3.renderer.android.OGLESShaderRenderer.setVertexAttrib(OGLESShaderRenderer.java:1446). If I run jme3test.AndroidActivity instead I end up with the same issues (additionally I had to create PNGs from src/tools/icons/*.gif and copy theme to the android-assets-folder).

@antonyudin: Am I missing something?

Your phone has to support OpenGLES 2.

Hm, as the Nexus One comes with Android 2.2 I expected it to support OpenGL ES 2. Moreover, the official NDK example works fine.

Small update: When using the OGLESShaderRenderer the OpenGL ES API version must be set explicitly. Calling GLSurfaceView#setEGLContextClientVersion(int) from OGLESContext#createView() solves the ā€œcalled unimplemented OpengGL ES APIā€ errors as well as the IndexOutOfBoundsException.

Now the application runs however, the screen remains black and I get a bunch of warnings. Some of them are expected (ā€œsetLighting: not implementedā€) others not (ā€œWARN/OGLESShaderRenderer(4318): Uniform m_VertexColor is not declared in shader.ā€).