Help test jME3 on your android phone!

Last one can be ignored.

Glad to see some progress on this. My Epic is still running 2.1 (need me some FroYo, hurry up Sprint!), so to get the GLES 2.0 java support (NDK supports 2.0 in Eclair) I was using a 3rd party java wrapper with the 2.0 bindings and adapted the LWJGL desktop renderer to use that.

I started to make an AudioRenderer for Android. It would be nice to have a 3D audio api like OpenAL on android we could just tie into.

1 Like

Has anyone tried to compile openal-soft for Android yet? This may be a potential interim solution w/ some java bindings.

hazmat said:
Glad to see some progress on this. My Epic is still running 2.1 (need me some FroYo, hurry up Sprint!), so to get the GLES 2.0 java support (NDK supports 2.0 in Eclair) I was using a 3rd party java wrapper with the 2.0 bindings and adapted the LWJGL desktop renderer to use that.

Hi, could you please post a link for this 3rd party java wrapper? Did you get it running (display something) with your solution?

Badlogicgames created the wrapper. http://www.badlogicgames.com/wordpress/?page_id=307

Here are the changes I added to my jme3 branch (warning: its about 2months old) when I was messing around with it. I included the gles wrapper stuff in my jme source tree.