Help with 3d model

So I am importing a 3d model and it is importing as 2 parts. What do I do (either in maya or in jmonkey) to get it to be one single object. Im a novice when it comes to 3d modeling.

This is what the applications output says:

Loaded material definition: Phong Lighting
Child (SolarPanel-geom-0) attached to this node (SolarPanel-objnode)
Child (SolarPanel-geom-1) attached to this node (SolarPanel-objnode)
Component hidden
DesktopAssetManager created.
Component hidden

If you mean that its coming in as two meshes, then the solution in Maya is pretty simple. Select the two meshes and hit MeshCombine.

So when I highlight everything in maya, and press that, it only says there is one polygon. So the other part may not be a polygon? What else could it be?

(I didnt make the model by the way)

Use the hierarchy editor and see what it shows. http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/2010help/index.html?url=Assets_And_Maya_Hierarchy.htm,topicNumber=d0e75514

Nevermind the particular version number… The outliner hasn’t really changed since at least version 7

The hierarchy only shows one object. Nothing else. I cant get it to the way that page shows though.

I think I fixed it. It had a blank material on it which I was also exporting without knowing really. So it made the material into one geometry and the rest into another. So when exporting i only exported the object rather than the object and material.