Hex Engine Screen Shot [ +2 videos]

http://dropbox.afterhoursgamestudio.com/HexEngineSS.png.png

I added HDR Tone mapping + basic Sepia colouring then realised I didn't really need them :/. The screen shot is direct from the game/engine, thought it was worth a share :)
10 Likes

:o AAA WICKED!

Please post a video!

:o :brainsout:

Nice screen shot!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu… the screen shot is awesome, video please ! But what in this scene related to Hex Engine, the HDR Tone mapping, Dof filter or the Car? :stuck_out_tongue:

Got a new car? :smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=talwHgNQIas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kgxFEbcTAk

1080p

@atomix it is the Hex Engine, HDR Tone mapping is applied to the entire scene lift the colours (which are then all sapped away), the DOF is part of my camera rig, and the car just rules.
8 Likes

snuck in an extra video, no sepia washout this time

@thetoucher said:
snuck in an extra video, no sepia washout this time

this is infinitely awesome; please feel free to sneak in as much as you want :D

I must say the highlight pixels are over bright in the second video, your DOF filter are super good but it still need a little bit of changes to not to make such artifact.

It’s funny what being a graphics programmed does to you. As I drive and walk around now, I constantly see real life scenes and I think “That’s not fair. If I rendered that, my users would complain that the yellows were too bright, or the colors were off, or the clouds didn’t have enough variation…”

1 Like

you should write some beginners tutorials if you have time. I could learn a lot from you. Superb work once again.

@pspeed said:
It's funny what being a graphics programmed does to you. As I drive and walk around now, I constantly see real life scenes and I think "That's not fair. If I rendered that, my users would complain that the yellows were too bright, or the colors were off, or the clouds didn't have enough variation..."

Hah, so true... should not complain too much!

my eyes just had an organism (so did my penis)

good work

... and the car just rules.

@thetoucher : You had a car advertisment already . 3d intro video , slogan , fan, now sell it !
@wezrule said:
my eyes just had an organism (so did my penis)

good work

organism or orgasm?
1 Like

orgasm :slight_smile:

@atomix said:
I must say the highlight pixels are over bright in the second video, your DOF filter are super good but it still need a little bit of changes to not to make such artifact.

I can assure you the highlight pixels and DOF artifacts are at exactly the correct level for the look I was going for ;)
@thetoucher said:
I can assure you the highlight pixels and DOF artifacts are at exactly the correct level for the look I was going for ;)

Really gorgeous.. We show people this and it will pulverize all "java prejudices" and whatnot ^^ This is the shit that turns people on, its gold for advertising jME3. Be sure this will appear in the release video :D
P.S.: @wezrule: OMG, an organism? On your penis? Hope it was a female homo sapiens sapiens ;)
1 Like