Hostile Sector - Stability test

Hi all.

The time has finally come to let some more testers try the game, and i would like some help from a few fellow monkeys on the forum.

I have a script ready that will take you straight into a mission, without any fuzz about accounts and things like that. It’s a sp mission, where you get 3 squads, and have to take out two enemy squads.

At this stage, I’m mostly interested in if you encounter any technical problems, graphical glitches or crashes, and would like you to send me as much info as possible about them.

To avoid spreading, i don’t want to post the link directly, but please pm me and i’ll send it to you.

I expect it to be properly set up later this afternoon.

Thanks!

Sure, send away!

gogogo

Works and found no bugs so far, but a few suggestions:

→ The camera movement is way to dynamic , I like it more hard and not so much with turning ect cause I easly loose oreintation then.

→ There is a small lag whenever I click something, not sure if you do this already asynchron, but it feels like the render thread is blocking shortly.

→ Helthbars for a simple overview how healty someone is.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you didn’t experience any problems.

EmpirePhoenix said:
Works and found no bugs so far, but a few suggestions:

-> The camera movement is way to dynamic , I like it more hard and not so much with turning ect cause I easly loose oreintation then.

And i just made it harder after feedback from Rémy. Can't i have any smoothness at all? ;)

-> There is a small lag whenever I click something, not sure if you do this already asynchron, but it feels like the render thread is blocking shortly.

Yes, it's being blocked while getting the reply from the server. I haven't had time to thread it properly yet.

-> Helthbars for a simple overview how healty someone is.

Agreed. There will be bars for stuff. Health is a tricky matter though as health is based per body part, and each body part only has 3 points.

Just show the average body parts or similar, willbe good enough for a quick check 8also taht way you don#t give everything away from the enemy since I don’t know if they still can walk ect)

I’ll have to think a bit more about how to solve it. I’m not 100% decided if the current health system is the way to go, either.

Oh, and can you tell what OS and graphics card you use, for reference?

Thanks.