How can I sign an application?

Hello again! Yesterday I posted a thread named “Can’t run compiled Jar…” now I searched for Errors. I started the launch.jnlp file and got this:

Not signed application wants Unlimited acces to signed ressource: file:/C:/Users/emeld/Doucuments/Schinken/jMonkeyEngine_Workspace_oder_so/HallooSpieleWelt!/dist/MyGame.jar

Here’s the start file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?> <jnlp codebase="file:/C:/Users/emeld/Documents/Schinken/jMonkeyEngine_Workspace_oder_so/HalloSpieleWelt!/dist/" href="launch.jnlp" spec="1.0+"> <information> <title>MyGame</title> <vendor>EMEL</vendor> <homepage href=""/> <description>Nur ein Test dieser Engine.</description> <description kind="short">MyGame</description> <offline-allowed/> </information> <security> <all-permissions/> </security> <resources> <j2se version="1.8+"/> <jar href="MyGame.jar" main="true"/> <jar href="lib/assets.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-jogg-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/j-ogg-all-1.0.0.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-networking-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-plugins-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-core-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-desktop-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-lwjgl-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/lwjgl-platform-2.9.3-natives-linux.jar"/> <jar href="lib/lwjgl-platform-2.9.3-natives-osx.jar"/> <jar href="lib/lwjgl-platform-2.9.3-natives-windows.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jutils-1.0.0.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jinput-2.0.5.jar"/> <jar href="lib/lwjgl-2.9.3.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jinput-platform-2.0.5-natives-linux.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jinput-platform-2.0.5-natives-osx.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jinput-platform-2.0.5-natives-windows.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-effects-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-terrain-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-bullet-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-bullet-native-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> </resources> <application-desc main-class="de.EmeldemelTV.Hallospielewelt.Main"> </application-desc> </jnlp>

Here’s the exception:

JNLPException[category: Sicherheitsfehler : Exception: null : LaunchDesc: <jnlp codebase="file:/C:/Users/emeld/Documents/Schinken/jMonkeyEngine_Workspace_oder_so/HalloSpieleWelt!/dist/" href="launch.jnlp" spec="1.0+"> <information> <title>MyGame</title> <vendor>EMEL</vendor> <homepage href=""/> <description>Nur ein Test dieser Engine.</description> <description kind="short">MyGame</description> <offline-allowed/> </information> <security> <all-permissions/> </security> <resources> <j2se version="1.8+"/> <jar href="MyGame.jar" main="true"/> <jar href="lib/assets.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-jogg-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/j-ogg-all-1.0.0.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-networking-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-plugins-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-core-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-desktop-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-lwjgl-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/lwjgl-platform-2.9.3-natives-linux.jar"/> <jar href="lib/lwjgl-platform-2.9.3-natives-osx.jar"/> <jar href="lib/lwjgl-platform-2.9.3-natives-windows.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jutils-1.0.0.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jinput-2.0.5.jar"/> <jar href="lib/lwjgl-2.9.3.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jinput-platform-2.0.5-natives-linux.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jinput-platform-2.0.5-natives-osx.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jinput-platform-2.0.5-natives-windows.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-effects-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-terrain-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-bullet-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> <jar href="lib/jme3-bullet-native-3.1.0-stable.jar"/> </resources> <application-desc main-class="de.EmeldemelTV.Hallospielewelt.Main"/> </jnlp> ] at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareResources(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source) at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks for answering - EmeldemelTV

Are you trying to run this over the web? Else why are you using JNLP?

You are doing something super-duper extremely weird… but we don’t know what because you haven’t given us any information about how you are building and running your application.

The NullPointerException you were getting in that other thread is because you are running with strange jars. My guess is that you maybe built the JME jars yourself using some non-standard approach? We are only left to guess.

I am using the JNLP because I am getting this NullpointerException when I run the JAR.

JNLP is for running in a web browser and it’s a dead technology.

You should work out your real issue in the other thread. 99.9999% of everyone else here runs their apps just fine with no NPE. So you’ve done something strange.

I am Building the application with the Standard Build tool and I am running the JNLP with a double click in the Explorer and the JAR with the following command in the command prompt:

java -jar MyGame.jar

and again I am getting this NullpointerException:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at com.jme3.system.AppSettings.<clinit>(AppSettings.java:150) at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.start(SimpleApplication.java:113) at de.EmeldemelTV.Hallospielewelt.Main.main(Main.java:12) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Properties$LineReader.readLine(Unknown Source) at java.util.Properties.load0(Unknown Source) at java.util.Properties.load(Unknown Source) at com.jme3.system.JmeVersion.<clinit>(JmeVersion.java:51) ... 3 more
if you want I can upload the Project Folder on Google drive.

If you continue this here instead of the real thread I’m just going to keep responding the same way:

What do you mean with “The real thread” I am running the JAR what do I have to do?
Ohh and if i add Arguments it doesn’t work too. (Java -jar MyGame.jar de.EmeldemelTV.Hallospielewelt)

The thread that was about the actual problem. Do you remember creating it?

Don’t create a bunch of different threads about the same problem. And don’t use JNLP. It’s a dead technology for running Java in a web browser.

I am using the jMonkeyEngine 3.1 SDK (the modified Netbeans Client) an the JME JARs were preinstalled in there. I am using the Full JDK8 for my Project.

But do I have to Change anything in my Settings or how do I Export it not as JNLP.

HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT: THIS THREAD IS ABOUT JNLP.

THE OTHER THREAD YOU CREATED IS ABOUT YOU REAL PROBLEM.

YOU SHOULD BE CONTINUING THIS CONVERSATION THERE WHERE IT MIGHT HELP OTHER PEOPLE IN THE FUTURE.

Here, I’m just going to keep responding with the same thing:

Ok see you in the other Thread!