How do I install Cubes Framework plugin?

Hi,

I want to install the Cubes Framework. On the docs it said I can install it via Tools → Plugins, but I am unable to find it in the available plugins section. Clicking “Check for newest” gives me errors such as

Check your proxy settings or try again later. The server may be unavailable at the moment. You may also want to make sure that your firewall is not blocking network traffic.

I was able to find a github link for the framework, so I downloaded it and used the jars. However it seems to be outdated because in one of the methods it tries to take Application as a class, but in JME Application is now an interface so my code doesn’t compile.

Is there an updated version of the framework that I can download? Thanks!

The source code for which you can build locally is here, along with a host of other cool stuffs.

Sorry I didn’t read your question correctly. Since you have the source code you will probably have to amend it yourself. Some users do fork them and update them. Maybe you can check the forks.

that leads to the github link i linked in my post previously which has this Application problem.

No, unless someone is secretly working on an update…

Ok, so now I got the source code, I changed the Application to SimpleApplication. I then tried to test one of the examples provided with the cubes framework. The code compiles and runs without a problem, but nothing is showing up (black screen after I click continue). Why is this happening? Is the framework simply not compatible with the latest version of jmonkeyengine?

im reasonably certain it is, but its hard to tell by ear so to speak. If you were implementing an interface before you might be overriding the wrong methods now without calling super. im reasonably sure its just a matter of looking at the class that now extends SimpleApplication and making sure its done right. and as i said before, there are some forks for reference…

Is the test you did was TestBlockModel this test needs a minute to load it’s pretty big, try any other one.
one weird thing I didn’t find the method that tries to take Application as a class, all the tests works just fine.
I had a simple problem with LWGJL3 so I switched to LWJGL

X Error of failed request:  RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  139 (RENDER)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  7 (RenderFreePicture)
  Picture id in failed request: 0x4600024
  Serial number of failed request:  1061
  Current serial number in output stream:  1062
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed