Hurricane Sandy

Hi all,

Some may know, others may not. Our server (and myself) are in New York, the conditions aren’t too bad right now, but that is totally subject to change when it makes landfall in NJ tonight. Doing our best to keep things afloat - without actually subjecting the server to water :wink:

3 Likes
@sbook said:
Doing our best to keep things afloat - without actually subjecting the server to water ;)

Nonsense! The best servers are the floaty kind! :P

Seriously though, keep yourselves SAFE! Nobody cares about the server.

ah well, jME was good knowing you

@madjack said:
Nobody cares about the server.

Blasphemy ;)

Thanks though, we've taken all the necessary precautions.. Once Sandy is through with us you'll be seeing some snow up by you!

Nope, not cold enough to get snow. At least not at my elevation and during the day. But, it’s possible that Sandy the biatch might bring some… Great. Snow. Why did you do that? -.-

snows is awesome <3

@sbook : Take care of yourself and your family. Hopefully it isn’t going to bad…

@wezrule said:
snows is awesome <3

Only as long as it's on the opposite side of the window... I understand why some animals invented hibernation. -.-
@kwando said:
Only as long as it's on the opposite side of the window... I understand why some animals invented hibernation. -.-

Nah... snow is fun! :)

Snow in itself isn’t THAT bad. It’s when it’s coupled with -30 degrees C that’s it’s becoming a problem. Then you add wind to this and… you cry. Inside. Because crying outside at this temperature will freeze your eyes solid.

FYI, last year on a cold night we hit -57 with windchill. That’s -72.4 degrees Fahrenheit. One thing anyone can be thankful for: hurricanes don’t happen during winter. Thank god.

Server’s back up, running on generator power. It sounds like one of the fans got burnt out or isn’t running enough voltage… If it appears that we’re harming the hardware I’ll pull it down again.

Staying dry,

sbook

1 Like
@wezrule said:
snows is awesome <3

What is snow?? It was 79 and sunny today... I've been in shorts all day.

EDIT: Why did you put the little ball sack by awesome? O.o

@sbook Stay safe! Hopefully it will be very short lived and all will be well.

Welcome back :slight_smile:

I hope you are all okey overthere!

@t0neg0d said:
It was 79 and sunny today... I've been in shorts all day.

That was incredibly mean to say. I will never forgive you for that. -.- :P

We’re all ok… Server and network connection are running on generator power :slight_smile:

Been an interesting few days, I’ll get some pictures up at some point if anyone’s interested.

1 Like

79 sounds incredibly hot to me… but then I’m an metric guy so…

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ijNPdg-6FxM/TltOLV5Rr8I/AAAAAAAARVU/83p22JGa0As/s1600/196755_460s.jpg

Glad to see you’re ok.

it’s good to hear, that everything is ok for now.

It’s good to see you’re ok.

Any pictures to share from the aftermath of your storm defying acts of heroism Skye? :smiley:

(Why this didn’t earn you 1000 thumbs up I’ll never know)