inputManager.setMouseCursor

This works very well, btw… but I have a question relating to :

I set a mouse cursor and then decide… eh… nope… I want to just use the system cursor instead.

There doesn’t seem to be a way of doing this… or… am I just missing it?

Read the setCursor’s javadoc. :stuck_out_tongue:

For the lazies. :wink:

/** * Sets the mouse cursor image or animation. * Set cursor to null to show default system cursor. * To hide the cursor completely, use {@link #setCursorVisible(boolean) }. * * @param jmeCursor The cursor to set, or null to reset to system cursor. * * @see JmeCursor */ public void setMouseCursor(JmeCursor jmeCursor) { mouse.setNativeCursor(jmeCursor); }

Sorry… I should have clarified. This threw an NPE when I tried this.

@t0neg0d how did you edit my message to write your reply!!? :?

In other news I just tried it and you’re right, but I also fixed it. I will commit in a moment.

@madjack said: @t0neg0d how did you edit my message to write your reply!!? :?

In other news I just tried it and you’re right, but I also fixed it. I will commit in a moment.

Um… oops… that was supposed to quote you.
And thanks for the fix!!

Question for you…

What software would you suggest for creating cursors? The one I am using is obviously not storing cursor hotapots correctly.

@t0neg0d said: What software would you suggest for creating cursors? The one I am using is obviously not storing cursor hotapots correctly.

I… huh… blushes I started working on a SDK plugin to create JmeCursors directly from images (png, jpeg, etc) months ago but got sidetracked and… yeah… it’s unfinished and waiting… :confused:

If I remember right there wasn’t -that- much left to be done. I’ll try to check this out tomorrow night and finish it if I can. Really sorry about this.

EDIT:
While you wait for that plugin get yourself AniTuner 2. From this you can create new cursors (animated or otherwise) that you can import. I used that program a lot for comparison work and get some of my information from.

1 Like

This sounds really cool =)