Installation Issues with the jME3

Warm Greetings to the JME community,

I had joined in today as a new member and downloaded the jME3 but after installation** when I run the program I get this error message shown below:-

The JDK is missing and is required to run some NetBeans modules Please use the --jdkhome command line option to specify a JDK installation or see FaqRunningOnJre - NetBeans Wiki for more information. (**I have installed the windows version of jME3 on Vista Home Premimum running on Laptop Acer Aspire 8930)

Help and guidance of experienced members are much appreciated.

Please also suggest me where to begin start leaning to make games with jME3 , direct me to some links which would be beneficial for a beginner .

Many thanks and hope to get a flying start here.

regards

SunGames

Hi. The JDK is needed for Java development, you can get it from the oracle page here. For getting started I’d first of all suggest looking for good Java tutorials, as without Java coding skills you will not be able to do anything with jME. Then you should go to the Documentation section of this site and have a look at all the Tutorial examples and go through them. After that you should have a pretty good idea what jME is all about and can go on using the JavaDoc and forums as an aid.

Cheers,

Normen