Installer Corrupted

As the title says, I got a corrupted installer (WinXP 32-bit), from http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/downloads/, when I click it it begins “Configuring the installer” and then stops and says:

Installer file is corrupted

Installer file jmonkeyplatform-windows-x86.exe seems to be corrupted

Exit installer

So I downloaded it again and got the same error, I tried to open both files with WinRAR and it spits an error, “unexpected file end” or something, like if there were an uncomplete downloading, but that’s weird since the file is 340MB like it should be. I tried executing both installers on another machine and didn’t work either.

Oh, I downloaded both files with MiniGet 1.0.8, you might think the problem is caused by that download manager, but I’ve downloaded another exe with it, “mpam-fe.exe” (MSE virus definitions) and had no errors.

What’s the problem there??

Might be your download manager doesn’t like our web server, you can try downloading it from updates.jmonkeyengine.org directly.

@normen Thanks!! it worked! :smiley: thank you so much

1 Like

This seems to be happen somewhat often latly, could it be that the webserver has a problem with a specific browser or downloadmanager or antivirus firewall scanner rct.?

@Empire Phoenix said: This seems to be happen somewhat often latly, could it be that the webserver has a problem with a specific browser or downloadmanager or antivirus firewall scanner rct.?

Either with our PHP version or the download manager plugin for WP, yeah. direct download through apache works, when the download is “channeled” through PHP it apparently fails sometimes. My guess is that the resume function isn’t working properly so people with unstable connections get issues when downloading through PHP and when downloading directly though apache the download is automatically resumed.

I’ve been trying to download Linux 64 version all day Today. Two different machines, two different browser and using wget. Each time “the installer is corrupted”. About a month ago everything seemed to be fine. Did anybody have any success recently in using the download page?

I’m trying using updates.jmonkeyengine.org now, hopefully it will work :slight_smile:

EDIT:

The file downloaded from updates.jmonkeyengine.org also doesn’t seem to work. Same error. Thankfully the platform agnostic zip file works fine. (Of course for that one you’ll need to configure the JDK. For me that’s fine as I don’t use the bundled one anyway.)

Just tried as well

empire-z86% sh jmonkeyplatform-linux-x64.sh 
Configuring the installer...
Searching for JVM on the system...
Preparing bundled JVM ...
Extracting installation data...

Installer file /home/empire/Desktop/jmonkeyplatform-linux-x64.sh seems to be corrupted

I know I already had the sdk once downloaded and installed, so it did work at some point of time.