Is Apple pushing away professionals?

@normen what do you say about this news?

Is Apple pushing away professionals?

I wanted to buy Mac in the coming months. But as days goes on, it feels I’d be more satisfied with a pc.

No, I just think some professionals still find it normal to be a mechanic when you want to drive a car. Many musicians appreciate iOS apps as they make a computer (iPad/iPhone) just a single-purpose device. When you buy a computer for a certain use in a professional context you know what it can do and what it cannot at that time (hard and software), so deciding for a Mac or PC becomes less of a question.

I don’t think there’s really anything new in the article, aside from the fact that it was written after the release of Lion. For ages now, you’ve been able to easily accomplish most tasks on both platforms and it really is a matter of preference. There was one line that stuck out to me personally, which was an agency using PC desktops and Apple laptops. I, and I suspect others too, would land on the same side of the fence… I’ve always enjoyed the process of building desktops, choosing the specific parts, pricing them out, etc. It can result in some pretty impressive computing power, but you don’t really have this option in the mobile form factor… this is where the Mac really shines to me