Issues with JComboBox?

It's not typical practice for me to check-in something that I know doesn't work the way it's supposed to, but because it won't impact anything else (since it's a new feature) and since I am hoping to get some help from my good buddy Irrisor on what I've done wrong, here it is. :o

I checked in TestSwingSettingsEditor that utilizes the new GameSettingsPanel I'm working on.  All options are provided via JComboBoxes and for some reason when I click the drop-down it appears for a millisecond and then vanishes and none of them work.  Any idea what's causing this?

Seems to be working fine here (on Ubuntu Linux).

JComboBoxes drop down as expected and also generate correct Events.

btw Good Job on all the new features and thanks!

Keep up the good work. :wink:

Works fine over here, too (XP 32, JDK1.5.0_05, motif l&f). I really hope this not a platform/jdk issue… what are your specs darkfrog?

edit: that's your pc's specs of course, unless you run it elsewhere :wink:

I'm running XP 32, JDK 1.6, with an nVidia 6600GT, AMD 64 CPU.

No matter what I do it won't appear. :frowning: I'll try going back to JDK 1.5 and see if that makes a difference, but I just realized I don't even have it installed on this box anymore. :o

Houston we have a problem!    :stuck_out_tongue:

I've confirmed it has to do with 1.6.  I updated the most recent version of 1.6 and it still occurs.  If I revert to 1.5 then it works just fine.

@irrisor, if you get a chance you might take a look at this on 1.6 as there may be other problems with Swing integration moving to 1.6 (and it won't be too long before it's released)

oh no :frowning:

I don't think I will do it some time soon. :expressionless: