It's "interpolateLocal", well it is here

Concerning r410, that methods doesn’t exist in Vector2f, but interpolateLocal does.

Not sure why it would work on your side and not here.

I’m using the latest jME/SDK.

Note: in some recent version of JME, I believe I switched interpolate() to interpolateLocal() because it surprised me that it was storing the value right back to the vector. I opted not to keep the original because a) most people using it properly would have already been counting on the ‘local’ behavior and b) those who weren’t probably have a bug that they didn’t realize and should be notified.

It should only be in trunk, though, I think.

I believe I change this and then changed it right back. Which is proper for the current release? And is there now a discrepancy between this and nightly?

I think 3.0 is one way and trunk is another. Also, I think I forgot to change ColorRGBA when I did this. :frowning: So I will need to swing back and do that one too at some point.

@pspeed said: I think 3.0 is one way and trunk is another. Also, I think I forgot to change ColorRGBA when I did this. :( So I will need to swing back and do that one too at some point.

Any chance of forwarding the original method… or @Depracate(ing) it so people don’t hit this problem with external plugins?

The problem was that the original method had the unclear side-effect of modifying the local object. That’s what I was trying to fix… so leaving it in would potentially leave the subtle bug that people have been missing this whole time.

In general, 3.1 may break things that 3.0 did… so keeping a plugin compatible with both branches is going to be tricky. It’s probably worth having a plugin branch for the 3.0.x JME and one for the “latest” JME (destined to be 3.1).

Right now 3.0.x does it the old broken/misnamed way and 3.1.future does it the properly named interpolateLocal() way.

3.0.x should maintain backwards compatibility and so is the safe branch to release against.

@madjack said: Concerning r410, that methods doesn't exist in Vector2f, but interpolateLocal does.

Not sure why it would work on your side and not here.

I’m using the latest jME/SDK.

Which is it now? and what should it be? interpolateLocal is in the latest releaseor… not?

5 seconds of clicking…
http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/source/browse/trunk/engine/src/core/com/jme3/math/Vector2f.java#240

Since it modifies the vector when called “local” is the right name and that is what it will be from now on. 3.0.x still has the old naming.

@pspeed said: 5 seconds of clicking... http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/source/browse/trunk/engine/src/core/com/jme3/math/Vector2f.java#240

Since it modifies the vector when called “local” is the right name and that is what it will be from now on. 3.0.x still has the old naming.

Sorry… was referring to what his version of the GUI plugin had in it. Should have been a bit more clear. My bad.

@t0neg0d said: Which is it now? and what should it be? interpolateLocal is in the latest releaseor... not?

I use the latest from googlecode, I update pretty much everyday. when I think of doing so.

@madjack said: I use the latest from googlecode, I update pretty much everyday. when I think of doing so.

Ok! Thanks for pointing this out. I’ll get it resolved by tomorrow at the latest. Hubby just got home, so I’m off to make dinner and such.