Java issues 64bit

Hi all,

I am having some problems with running most samples on my windows box, can anyone suggest anything to try. I have the latest 64bit jdk and jre installed on windows 7 but every time i try to run a sample using testchooser.exe the jmoney display loads i select a low or high res then in loads up a black screen and instantly disapears.

Can anyone suggest anything to help

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Do you have an OpenGL2 compatible graphics card? Its required for jME3. Also your drivers should be up-to-date to avoid any problems.

Cheers,

Normen

I have updated the drivers recently i am trying to download some additional drivers as my dual sli geforce gtx 470 1.5GB cards should be able to support OpenGL 4.1. You would hope so for the price lol

That issue seems to be resolved but now just running a simple example returns the same way wtih HelloJME3 [Java Application C:program fils (x86)javajre6binjavaw.exe

then

WARNING: Cannot locate native library: windows/lwjgl.dll

02-Oct-2010 00:04:52 com.jme3.system.Natives extractNativeLib

WARNING: Cannot locate native library: windows/OpenAL32.dll

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/LWJGLException

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at com.jme3.system.JmeSystem.newContextLwjgl(JmeSystem.java:184)

at com.jme3.system.JmeSystem.newContext(JmeSystem.java:241)

at com.jme3.app.Application.start(Application.java:284)

at com.jme3.app.Application.start(Application.java:267)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.start(SimpleApplication.java:90)

at com.itsafeature.test.HelloJME3.main(HelloJME3.java:14)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

… 8 more

Sorry for all the questions. it was so easy setting up on the mac

I have also tried changing the build path to use the 64bit JRE System Library. Thanks for your help

You can’t just execute jMonkeyEngine3.jar, you need to have all the jars in the /lib folder in your classpath.

Momoko_Fan said:
You can't just execute jMonkeyEngine3.jar, you need to have all the jars in the /lib folder in your classpath.

Uh, yes you can, as long as all libraries are in a "lib" folder next to jMonkeyEngine3.jar The classpath entries are in the jMonkeyEngine3.jar