JME 2.X tutorial: object transparency

Those tutorials would benefit much better at the wiki rather than the forum, as people post threads those tutorials will get lost in the process.

I guess I would like too but I can't find where to put them.

Since these are JME 2.X related, should I put them:

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=the_tutorials

The googlecode project is only for hosting jME's code.

The tutorials shouldn't be separated from jME1.0 or 2.0 (jME1.0 is not supported anymore), they should be just updated to jME 2.0, or marked outdated.

Ok, just one last question, what about screenshots, videos and so on… can I upload them to the JME wiki or should I upload it somewhere and then link it to the wiki?  :?

That's a good question, I attempted to upload images to the jME wiki and it didn't work out. Perhaps an offical developer could shed some light on the subject.

I believe only Mojomonk could answer that.

Momoko_Fan said:

Those tutorials would benefit much better at the wiki rather than the forum, as people post threads those tutorials will get lost in the process.

Ok, I've put these tutorials here: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=about_materials

One last remark,

Momoko_Fan said:
The tutorials shouldn't be separated from jME1.0 or 2.0 (jME1.0 is not supported anymore), they should be just updated to jME 2.0, or marked outdated.

Can the javadocs be updated as well to 2.0? because in my tutorials, I sometimes link classes to their javadocs when needed?

N.

You should be able to upload via the media manager now. It was fixed when I upgraded the wiki software a month ago or so. Let me know if you have problems.

:’( doesn’t work:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/jmonke2/public_html/wiki/data/media/tutorials/tutorial3-transparency.png) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/jmonke2/public_html/wiki/inc/media.php on line 300

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpRg6Lhc' to '/home/jmonke2/public_html/wiki/data/media/tutorials/tutorial3-transparency.png' in /home/jmonke2/public_html/wiki/inc/media.php on line 300
Upload failed. Maybe wrong permissions?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jmonke2/public_html/wiki/inc/media.php:300) in /home/jmonke2/public_html/wiki/lib/exe/mediamanager.php on line 57
Upload failed. Maybe wrong permissions?

Ugh, ok. Let me figure this out.

Please, try again.

That's perfect, thank you very much!!!  :)  :)  :slight_smile:

I hope this doesn't bother you too much, but I made  a section for jME 2. Do you want to move your tutorials there?