JME 3.3 beta2 pet issues?

I’ll just submit a pull request and let a pro handle the rest if needed.
I should have something this afternoon because I’ve got work in meantime.

1 Like

Which one?

https://github.com/jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine/issues/1304#issuecomment-602950669

1 Like

Yeah, I can only cherry-pick commits that actually exist.

Sure, but I mean it’s too late to put a commit together because the tag has already been made

Yep. Sorry… I hoped that 48 hours was enough notice for emergency fixes.

Well, as I was replying on that issue yesterday night I didn’t think about it, I just did as I got up.
Is it worth doing a beta3 sooner or later?

I mean, on the one hand it’s nice to fix every problem. On the other hand, this problem existed for years before now.

At some point we need to call something done and wait for 3.3.1. I think there will probably always be one more thing.

1 Like

The problem is that it has become increasingly severe as the SDK cannot be used on Mac OS X to open PBR Models. Previously there wasn’t GLTF and/or Env Probes anyway, so the problem was rather nonexistant.

Also our tests that we prepared on MESA Software Rendering fail due to this.
But regarding 3.3.1, the naming is irrelevant but I think this shouldn’t wait for 3.4, basically

1 Like

Once we have a 3.3.0 stable, someone else can continue managing the 3.3 branch and make a future 3.3.1 release whenever they want. It probably won’t be me. For example, if you want to move a 3.3.1 through the process just to get this fix then I can help you learn how to do that.

…but I think it’s necessary for some kind of 3.3.0 to go ‘final’ so that other libraries can move forward.

1 Like

I just submited a PR for the website with a new blog post regarding Beta2 release.
https://github.com/jMonkeyEngine/website/pull/2/files
I need someone to review this (if needed fix it, but hopefully not), and upload to the main site, maybe @jayfella?

2 Likes

Would you mind adding yourself in the authors, too? I’ll push it tomorrow.

2 Likes

Sure, I’ll try to get it updated tonight. I’m at work now and can’t get much done on my phone.

2 Likes

My first time trying to update the site, and I was unsuccessful regarding adding myself as an author.
Could I skip this step or kindly ask you to do it for this time?

After we release 3.3.0-stable, I’m up for managing dot-dot releases from the v3.3 branch—provided I have the community’s support for doing so.

14 Likes

You have my axe!

2 Likes

Awesome, go for it @sgold.
Btw did the blog post get published yet? At least for me, main site hasn’t updated yet.

1 Like

I don’t see any blog posts newer than 25 February. Your pull request hasn’t been integrated yet. You can help it along by fixing the typographical error noted during review.

Ok, I’ll get that fixed.

1 Like

If that was my error spelling github, it should be fixed now.

1 Like