jME a4 install – jMP does not init/load

With the new jME3 a4 release: http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/2011/03/13/jmonkeyengine3-sdk-alpha-4-released/

I decided to give it a go and to install it all and then rebooted my laptop.

I have unninstalled everything jME/jMP related and proceeded to install the newer version (jME3_SDK_Alpha-4-windows.exe).

At install I had to delete the jMonkeyPlatform existing folder due to the install wizard didnt let the new install procceed within the same directory of an older version.

All went good in the wizard.

After the install was done I executed jMP.

Then is when jMP fails to init/load. Splash screen appears as usual but it does not show any information about loading modules and it’s state bar. After a 3 to 5 seconds the splash screen disappears and jMP is never loaded or comes to screen.

There is no information present in Task Manager of jMP App running, neither any proccess that I could find.

Any idea on what happened?

Hope to be the only one to have this issue.

Best Regards,

Marco

EDIT:

SPECS: Toshiba Satellite L650-18C

Try disabling any antivirus software while installing the SDK, even if you can “allow” or “ignore” or don’t get a message at all, it might be that antivirus software is tampering with the install.

normen said:
Try disabling any antivirus software while installing the SDK, even if you can "allow" or "ignore" or don't get a message at all, it might be that antivirus software is tampering with the install.

Right you were.
After unninstall the jMP a4 there was a clean sheet on my pc (tracks of previous install), the jMP folder was deleted and everything.
So rebooted. Turned off antivirus and ran the install wizard.
All went fine and it loaded as normal.
Tested my "application" which is a bunch of tuturials together and it worked fine.

I guess the problem was in the transition bewteen a3 and a4 installs.

Thanks Normen.
Problem solved, topic to close.