jME Apps by O8C for 99 Cents :)

Hey everyone! As a recently unemployed software engineer I threw together a few apps using jME. They are basically technology demos that I turned into something somewhat marketable. It would be super awesome if I actually made some money off of them. I haven’t had a chance to contribute to the community yet, but if people have questions about the apps, I’m willing to answer. Also, if I can reach my sales objective, I’m willing to make the projects, code, resources and all, freely available. They are not super flashy but there are some neat things being done.

Here are some links:

Pocket Hula Doll (Trial)
Pocket Hula Doll (Full)
Pocket Cheerleader (Trial)
Pocket Cheerleader (Full)
Sexy Music Player (Trial)
Sexy Music Player (Full)

YouTube video of “Sexy Music Player”

(laugh) I hope no one is offended, thanks in advance if you check ‘em out, and Go jMonkeyEngine!

Lol… don’t know what to say…you got it right dude, sexy chicks are the way to go to make money.

1 Like

I was trying to watch the Sexy Music Player video (strictly for research purposes), but it says “owner has not made this video available for mobile devices”

Well… and the most important (because it’s the only) settings iiiiiis… drumrollbreast size! =D :facepalm: :cry:
Not that I’m questioning your business sense with that, dude… more the good taste of the audience.

What would be most interesting for people would probably be how you integrated the motion capture into the asset pipeline, I haven’t seen that discussed here (well, most likely it was discussed but I overlooked it…).

Awesome, guys. Thanks for the positive response. So far not much for sales, but it’s early. Also, thanks wezrule for pointing out the video isn’t available to mobile devices. Many firsts in this process, including publishing a YouTube video.

As far as motion capture, I bought mocap data from animstreet.com and attached a model to the skeleton in blender and exported in ogre, then did the .j3o binary conversion on it. Breast size was done by scaling a bone that the boobs are attached to :slight_smile:

@Octopus-8 said: Breast size was done by scaling a bone that the boobs are attached to :)
Best quote ever
@nehon said: Best quote ever

<laugh> who ever knew there was a bone there!

Heh… wish I had that bone. Cheaper than plastic surgery!

This is brilliant! Serious cudos to you for taking simple ideas and turning them into potential money.

I may not be buying the music player, as I could watch myself if I am that desperate to see nakey girls… but I LOVE the idea! And it looks AWESOME!

@t0neg0d said: Heh... wish I had that bone. Cheaper than plastic surgery!

This is brilliant! Serious cudos to you for taking simple ideas and turning them into potential money.

I may not be buying the music player, as I could watch myself if I am that desperate to see nakey girls… but I LOVE the idea! And it looks AWESOME!

Super thanks for the positive energy! Yeah, much of the work was done using demos. God bless the internet. I don’t know how programmers got by without it (actually I’m still holding on to some of my old books).

If I may remark, I think the coolest thing I did was mix Android UI elements with the jME display. I did that by overriding the “layoutDisplay” method of AndroidHarness and putting the jME display in a custom layout. I would suggest this to anyone who is doing Android work, since I found it’s easier to work with these elements than the built-in UI interfaces.

1 Like