[jME Game] IRC meetings

padam said:

sory but i don't know how to get into this channel ? and what web site ?

With any IRC client (I'm using Pidgin because it allows AIM, YIM, and many more through it as well):
server - irc.freenode.net
channel - #jme

On a side note, if you use Pidgin on Ubuntu you can just connect to its default server (irc.ubuntu.com) and /join #jme.  Currently, now that I am on linux, I also just use Pidgin since it does AIM as well as IRC.  If you need any help setting up Pidgin just post in here and I can try and get some instructions, it's a little akward to setup auto joining of a channel for the first time.

For windows there is a couple of clients, I think I used to use x-chat, or trillian (spelling?).

Pidgin can do IRC? Cool, so i don't need X-Chat anymore.

Just as a little note on the scheduling itself, I would highly recommend using a tool such as this one in order to calculate the time of every meeting. You simply set the time, and ask prospective participants to check the list for a city near them, in their own timezone.

i installed the pidgin…now i how do i get into the channel…i couldn't do it…i have configured my google talk settings in pidgin, i mean i m using my gmail account…

You have to add an IRC account. Choose the IRC protocol and choose a username and password. Register that username and password with IRC by using the following instructions:

http://www.goodchatting.com/howtoregnick.html

To join the jME channel you just go to Buddies -> Join a Chat -> Account: Your IRC account, Channel: #jme

I totally missed yesterday's meeting (got my days mixed up). Talking to Oni on IRC today, it was only him and Vardamir who were there yesterday. We really need to get everyone on the same page and getting together at least once a week.

Are other people not showing up because this is a bad time or ? We have a ton of people who have signed up as interested in this project, but no one is showing up for the meetings.

Also, should we perhaps start using a mailing list for everyone signed up with the Google Group?

Anything to get us together would be good.  Is it the time?  Is everyone ok with using Trillian, Pidgin, X-chat, etc and can get into the channel?

I'd suggest setting up your client to always log in when you're on your computer, so you can chat with us in the channel if we're on.  Communication doesn't only have to be during the meetings.  :smiley:

Usually i am available in google talk, when i'm online

I'd say, we'll meet on wednesday, no matter what time, because we're all spread around the world. If anybody is online on wednesday, chances are good to meet eachother.

Anyone else use pidgin and set it up for Google talk?  I figured I'd set it up for that, but I don't really know how to add the buddies.  I don't know if I need to add their full email, or just the name before the @ symbol or what.  I figured, I'd be in the jME channel and on google chat whenever I'm on.

I have you on my list in pidgin. So you did add me correctly, or didn't you add me?

on actual g-mail I have the contact from the e-mail.  I did try to add to pidgin, I just haven't seen you yet - but that could be time differences kicking in.  I'll see how it goes on wednesday, if I can't see you online in my pidgin buddy list I know I did something wrong.  lol