[jME Game] IRC meetings

Can we find a time, suitable for the most of us, where we can try to setup a regular IRC meeting in the #jme channel? We all live in different timezones, so a common time will be hard to find. Btw, my timezone is UTC+1, A according to  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timezones#UTC.2B2.2C_B

I'm UTC-6. Honestly, anytime that isn't midnight to 8 my time could probably work. If it winds up being during my work hours I could probably work around it (9AM - 6 PM), as long as it isn't an everyday thing.

UTC+1: I'm working in irregular shifts, so it will depend on the day

It’s a tough one. I have created a time table, that shows, that it is nearly impossible to find common time.

mine is UTC +5:45…i got ur table but how to go through it…

I guess it will be practically impossible to get everybody together at the same time, we will have to do with "as many as possible" …

I don't understand the time table.

Perhaps we don't need one time, we could try to make a new time for the next meeting, placed in the wiki, so everybody sees it.

I'm UTC-5… but don't have a fixed shedule.

flipperke said:

Perhaps we don't need one time, we could try to make a new time for the next meeting, placed in the wiki, so everybody sees it.

We can also publish all the conversation made in the IRC meeting.

Pretty well anytime I can probably work around. I prefer for it to not be in the middle of the night for me, but I fully understand that there are people around the world working on this, so I can just make do  :smiley:

flipperke said:

I don't understand the time table.

It's simple, in the first colum you find the UTC. In the middle there is UTC-0, beginning at 0 o'clock. If you want to know what time it is in another timezone, you choose a time column in yout timezon, and then go up or down the rows to the timezone of the other, to see, what time it is there.
For example, you are on IRC at 18:00 UTC+1 and want to know, if someone in UTC-6 can attend. You take the row +1, find column 18 and then go up to row -6: it's 11:00am there, people there probably are at work or school or so.

For any scheduled meeting, we'll use UTC. So if you say, you'll be online at 17:00 UTC, you have to be online at 18:00 UTC+1 or 11:00 UTC-6, ok?

I cannot tell, when i can make it, it depends on the time i arrive home from work. But i'll try to be online at this times:
Wednesday 18:00 UTC - 19:00 UTC

Maybe i'm also online between 06:00 UTC - 07:00 UTC

So we have to see when we can be available, look up in the table to find out the UTC-time.

Perhaps we should make a wiki-page like:

[table][tr]
[td]
-12 -11 -10 -9 -8 -7 -6 -5 -4 -3
flipperke X X X 0 0 0

where X would be: good for me
0: not good
space: can be arranged but rather not

And everybody can add his/her 'availabillity-time"

Vardamir, your proposed time of 18:00 UTC - 19:00 UTC should work for me. That will be 2 - 3 in the afternoon and I can just take a break during my work day to attend the meeting, as long as a random work meeting doesn't pop up (which is unlikely).

Will it be in the jME channel?

I'm UTC -6 as well, but have a pretty open schedule.

Yes, the #jme channel

Currently, i'm on a crusade against an organised internet criminal, but thats's another story :wink:

I've asked ender, to create some concept art (if that is possible already). We have to try to inspire eachother. I mean, for example, a piece of software inspires an artist to creat a model, the model inspires a musician to create a composition, and so on so forth. So i'll ask everybody to put things in the repository as soon as possible, so we have something to brainstorm about :smiley:

Okay, this past Wednesday myself, Vardamir, and oni5115 made it to the meeting. Right now oni is working on some GUI items, I am working on some icons and a test level, and Vardamir is well … I dunno.  :smiley: Hopefully we can get a better turnout next Wednesday and get the project rolling.

Okay, this past Wednesday myself, Vardamir, and oni5115 made it to the meeting

Sorry, did I miss something? I haven't been around for a couple of days but I didn't know of any meeting.

Admittedly, I was just in the channel at the right time.  XD  Didn't know there was a meeting either, but was on at the time.

flipperke said:

Sorry, did I miss something? I haven't been around for a couple of days but I didn't know of any meeting.

Vardamir provided the meeting time in a post right before your last one.

sory but i don't know how to get into this channel ? and what web site ?

yeah…my IRC got uninstalled…im gonna have to find a client again.  When I'm not busy with school I'm pretty much always at home, 23:00 GMT at the earliest, and I usually stay on until whenever I feel like sleeping 0_O.