Today I want to share with you a very cool feature I discovered in jME SDK.
I don’t know if all users of the SDK are aware of this but when you have a model with a full animation track combining all animations together you can manually extract sub animations on the AnimControl.
This is a very helpful feature when working with models that only have on animation track.
I’m not at my computer to get the exact error, I meant to post this last night but got tired and forgot. I’ll post the error up once I am home, although I do recall it was an Array out of index exception of some sort with the SDK.
JMB did not throw an error, but no matter what values I enter for the “start frame” and “end frame”, they change back to 0 as the start frame and 1 as the end from whenever I hit enter.
After trying to reproduce the error, I just realized that it is only caused by one specific model of mine which came from an asset store, so thankfully it does not look like a problem originating from the SDK or JMB.
Not sure what is wrong with the model I’m using since I didn’t rig & animate it myself, but the ‘broken’ model does not cause this error with Maud, and I have to say that Maud makes it much easier to extract the animations with all the extra tools, so I will keep extracting my animations that way.