jME under SWT/Rich Client Framework

Hello All,

I am looking at developing application/game under the Eclipse Rich Client Platform. This provides many handy application issues, and but requires

SWT rather then AWT.

I found and tested the lwgl SWT implementation.

http://www.realityinteractive.com/software/oss/index.html

I have this integrated with JFace under local code.

The next step would be to bring in jME. I saw that a developer has started the SWT port.

I just wanted to ping the group and see if anyone else is working on this, and was willing to share experience.

Thanks,

Mike

I know OutRunner was working on this (last update was around a month ago) but I dont know how far he got in it.

tGiant labs is converting his very cool editor over to SWT so I dont know what framework he will be using. He might even be creating one. Not sure.

Thats as far as I remeber…Hope that helps.

"DarkProphet" wrote:
I know OutRunner was working on this (last update was around a month ago) but I dont know how far he got in it.

tGiant labs is converting his very cool editor over to SWT so I dont know what framework he will be using. He might even be creating one. Not sure.

Thats as far as I remeber....Hope that helps.

This is a very active group, thanks for the quick reply :D :D

Mike

Again this is one of those things where we want to make it as easy as possible to add jME to an SWT frame, but we want to do it in such a way that you don’t have to and there is no dependancy on SWT in the implementation. So, there hasn’t been any serious thought yet, but it’s on our minds, and like DarkProphet said, some jME users have looked into doing it for their own stuff.

Hi,

First of all, thanks to Sami for his Jme SWT binding, they really works.

Here is a screen shoot from what i am currently doing, i know that there is not much that you can see, but things are comming.

After starting to code this, i figured out that this is a raelly huge thing to accomplish, so its moving really slow, ( My Dream is: WYSIWYP editor :wink: ).

Code now is a complete mess, trying this and that, so i need to reorganize my self a little bit, before every body here start playing with it.

I will keep you updated.

Cheers.

Wow! That looks fantastic… I really think tGiantLabs, Badmi and Outrunner should team up and build a single super editor! :smiley:

It looks really very good.

I think me and you have the same dream, because I also want to design

a WYSIWYP editor.

Hope thinks go well futher on.

Good luck with the editor.

It looks good. Is that the testSkyBox demo or something made in the editor?