jME2 Download

Hello! My video card doesn’t supports OpenGL 2.0 :frowning:

I’m trying to find the dowload of jME 2 here and on Google, but I still didn’t find anything.

There is a SDK for jME2, or I would have to work with other IDE?

jME3 support OpenGL 1.0.

1 Like

Only OpenGL 1.1 as of yet, though.

JME2 is one of the branches in the jmonkeyengine repository (2.0/2.1).

There’s no SDK for JME2, but you could of course use any IDE that supports Java.

Be warned though that if you do use jME2 instead of jME3, you’ll be on your own. jME2 is deprecated and unmaintained unless there’s some really bad bug.

1 Like
@madjack said:
Be warned though that if you do use jME2 instead of jME3, you'll be on your own. jME3 is deprecated and unmaintained unless there's some really bad bug.

I think your last "JME3" is a typo and should be JME2... I almost edited it for you. :)

What are you talking about? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
@madjack said:
What are you talking about? :P

I thought about editing my post to change history, too... but that's the kind of thing that can disrupt the space time continuum if overdone. ;)

Yeah, good idea. I don’t want to end up being my own father… O_o

1 Like

I read a lot of tutorials and finally could configurate jME2 with NetBeans… but it’s a lot of trouble to import all the .jars all the time, and I didn’t find much tutorials of jME2 :frowning: I still want to use jME3. How can I make jME3 work with OpenGL1? I’ve been searching all day how to do it, but I didn’t find… Can you guys please tell me how to do it? It would save my life!

There would be some differences on the code if I work with OpenGl1?

Thank you!

when I open jME 3 SDK it gives me this error:

error opening openGl window

error: uncaught exception thrown in Thread

[LWJGL renderer Thread,5,IDe Main

Error opening OpenGL

Error java.lang.NullPointerException

But using the jME2 on NetBeans, it works fine

Sometimes I get this error too, although I have a GTX 560 (that crashes the video driver ¬¬). To fix that, try to go to Tools → Options → OpenGL - Allow Using OpenGL 1. If that does not fix, try closing the OpenGL window.

@shirkit

I did it what you told me, changed to OpenG1 on the tool options and closed the OpenGL window, but the code still doesn’t run :frowning:

I’ve got this error message:

run:

06/04/2012 00:11:00 com.jme3.system.JmeSystem initialize

INFO: Running on jMonkeyEngine 3.0.0 Beta

06/04/2012 00:11:00 com.jme3.system.Natives getExtractionDir

AVISO: Working directory is not writable. Using home directory instead.

06/04/2012 00:11:00 com.jme3.system.Natives extractNativeLibs

INFO: Extraction Directory: /home/natysanz/.jme3/natives_138346a3

06/04/2012 00:11:00 com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay run

INFO: Using LWJGL 2.8.1

06/04/2012 00:11:00 com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay createContext

INFO: Selected display mode: 1600 x 900 x 24 @60Hz

06/04/2012 00:11:01 com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext printContextInitInfo

INFO: Adapter: null

INFO: Driver Version: null

INFO: Vendor: Tungsten Graphics, Inc

INFO: OpenGL Version: 1.4 Mesa 7.10.2

INFO: Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel® G33 GEM 20100330 DEVELOPMENT x86/MMX/SSE2

06/04/2012 00:11:01 com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglTimer

INFO: Timer resolution: 1.000 ticks per second

06/04/2012 00:11:01 com.jme3.app.Application handleError

GRAVE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: GLSL and OpenGL2 is required for the LWJGL renderer!

at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.initialize(LwjglRenderer.java:203)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.initContextFirstTime(LwjglContext.java:136)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.internalCreate(LwjglContext.java:173)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:128)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

06/04/2012 00:11:01 com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer cleanup

INFO: Deleting objects and invalidating state

BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 3 seconds)

They were giving you tips on getting the SDK to run.

If you want your own programs to run with OpenGL 1 then that’s a different issue. There is something to set on AppSettings though I don’t remember what off the top of my head. You might be able to search for “OpenGL 1 appsettings”

@natysanz said:

INFO: Vendor: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
INFO: OpenGL Version: 1.4 Mesa 7.10.2
INFO: Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) G33 GEM 20100330 DEVELOPMENT x86/MMX/SSE2
06/04/2012 00:11:01 com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglTimer
INFO: Timer resolution: 1.000 ticks per second
06/04/2012 00:11:01 com.jme3.app.Application handleError
GRAVE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: GLSL and OpenGL2 is required for the LWJGL renderer!

Tungsten Graphics!? WTH is that? O_o
1 Like

And Ardor3D is a fork of jme2, you can check it too:

http://ardor3d.com/

(and download it from svn). Im using it nowadays, but ofcourse I check jme2 code and jme3 too time to time.

It should work on older graphics cards too, because it isnt fully shader based (but shaders, effects etc works too)

ah there are ardor3d.com - This website is for sale! - ardor3d ardor Java engine jmonkeyengine jmonkey lwjgl jogl Resources and Information.

thanks @pspeed

I found on a tutorial a way to work with OpenGL 1 appsettings, that you told me

I’ll put it here, so it can help other people with the same problem

public class HelloJME3 extends SimpleApplication {

public static void main(String[ ] args){

HelloJME3 app = new HelloJME3();

AppSettings aps = new AppSettings(true);

aps.setRenderer(AppSettings.LWJGL_OPENGL1);

app.setSettings(aps);

app.start();

}

It solved my problem, and the program run!

thanks @shirkit for helping me to find the OpenGL option at the menu

@madjack I don’t know that it’s that hahaha

@larda thanks a lot! I’ve been searching for other engine, in the case I couldn’t really work with jME

I’ll download Ardor3D tomorrow!! I guess it you help me a lot… Thanks :wink:

I don’t know what you’re doing with jME3, that is if you intend to develop a game to release some day, but if that’s the case, don’t forget that other people have better video cards than that… things you’ve got. :wink: So, make sure to implement OpenGL 2.0 stuff. You can either get a better computer or test it on another computer.

It’s possible that the game you’re doing don’t need it, but it’s still a nice option to enable for those that have the capable hardware.

Good luck.

1 Like

I intend to do a game for my “Trabalho de conclusão de curso”, the project that you do in the end of the course and you have to defend it. I don’t know its name in english, sorry hahaha

But it’s a game that teaches people who want to get the driver licence the laws of traffic, signs, and this stuff, using little games such as memory game and others. We also wanted to do a traffic simulator, but I don’t know if my group and I would have the skills to do it.

Six persons will work at this project, so the engine must run in six different computers… and I will be the one responsible for getting the tutorials, and translating it to portugues. So we have to try to do it uniformly, to run anywhere… maybe other engine, such as Ardor3D that larda told me, would be the solution for me?

Better check, test, see if one java or other language’s engine suits you, then start learn it. Dont force to learn something, find which feels good.

@larda

Yeah, I’m trying to test and read everything that I can, 'cause I really need to find the right tool for my work, as soon as possible, cause I know it will take a time to learn, translate and teach it for my group. It would be great to do a 3D game, but a 2D game would be nice too…

Is it possible to do a 2D game with jME or Ardor3D? Could it be possible to do a nice 2D game using just OpenGL 1.4? And a 3D game with OpenGL 1.4? We don’t learn game programming at my course (just programming, but not about game programming), so I’m kind of lost yet, 'cause I don’t know actually what is possible to do and what is not. I will have to learn game programming on my own. In my course, we study C, Java, Delphi, and the next semester, we’ll work with Visual Basic. But I wanna do my game in java, cause I love java, and no one did yet a Conclusion Work in java, the most of the work was made in Visual Basic or Delphi.