JME2 Updated To LWJGL 2.6

JME2 has been updated to use LWJGL version 2.6 as of revision 6152 and later. Some may remember an issue with the allocation of byte buffers for audio samples that was introduced when 2.3 was released, but that was fixed back in February and it seems like some of the weirdness with ATI drivers has since been sorted out. With all that said, there really wasn’t any reason not to update :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe it’s time to announce a 2.1? :wink:

First lets make a last call for change commits?

Great news! :slight_smile:

+1 for version 2.1

normen said:
First lets make a last call for change commits?

Did this change ever get committed? It appears not.

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/gui/forum/topic/custom-cursor-and-jmedesktopstate/

Looks like that one slipped through the cracks :frowning: I’m committing it right now…

sbook said:
Looks like that one slipped through the cracks :( I'm committing it right now..

Excellent. Thanks!

Also I'm not sure if I ever submitted this, but I fixed an arithmetic issue in JMEDesktop as follows and would be great to have it committed.

[java]
Index: JMEDesktop.java
===================================================================
--- JMEDesktop.java (revision 935)
+++ JMEDesktop.java (working copy)
@@ -967,8 +967,8 @@
lastYin = y;
if ( getRenderQueueMode() == Renderer.QUEUE_ORTHO ) {
//TODO: occlusion by other quads (JMEFrames)
- x = (int) ( x - getWorldTranslation().x + desktopWidth / 2 );
- y = (int) ( desktopHeight / 2 - ( y - getWorldTranslation().y ) );
+ x = (int) (x/(getWorldTranslation().x * 2) * desktopWidth);
+ y = (int) (desktopHeight - (y/(getWorldTranslation().y * 2) * desktopHeight));
}
else {
store.set( x, y );
[/java]
1 Like

+1 for version 2.1. It would be very convenient for me to have official stable jars at this time :).

Since this thread has become the JME2.1 precursor, I’ve updated the SWT jars for anyone interested:

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/development-discussion-jme2/forum/topic/swt-libraries-updated-to-3-6-1/#post-111754

sbook said:
Since this thread has become the JME2.1 precursor, I've updated the SWT jars for anyone interested:

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/development-discussion-jme2/forum/topic/swt-libraries-updated-to-3-6-1/#post-111754

Did you check in the patch above? Just wanted to make sure. It fixes a bug related to the position of hot spots when a desktop is resized.
Slowdive said:
Did you check in the patch above? Just wanted to make sure. It fixes a bug related to the position of hot spots when a desktop is resized.

It's on my to-do list for the day.. I haven't forgotten ya ;)

I'd be able to push it through quicker if you could give me a test case (or a jmetest class where the behavior is exhibited)
sbook said:
It's on my to-do list for the day.. I haven't forgotten ya ;)

I'd be able to push it through quicker if you could give me a test case (or a jmetest class where the behavior is exhibited)

Well I took a quick pass at trying to write a test case, but I wasn't really able to reproduce the original bug easily. What this change allows one to do is basically setup an interface in an absolute manner, in my case I set it up at 1920x1080 and then rescale the entire gui to fit any resolution. This is where the bug revealed itself in that after the rescale, the hotspots for the components were not in the correct location.

I could spend more time on this I suppose if you really need me to, although I'm a bit pressed right now.
Slowdive said:
I could spend more time on this I suppose if you really need me to, although I'm a bit pressed right now.

I hear you there. What you provided is at least enough to try to reproduce it.

Also, I'm moving this JMEDesktop patch to a new thread.. (EDIT: Not until I can figure out how!)