jme3 etr

Me and a friend of mine would like to resurrect an old JME project that we never released. we are hoping to use JME3, but I was wondering if there was any ETR (Estimated Time of Release) for the final version of JME3. We where also wondering if we should start with the alpha version, or wait for the final release, but i think that would have to do with the final release date.

if anyone has any answer to these questions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Just start.

Open source projects never know when they'll be finished. We do not have a ETA or ETR.

No ETA, but we'll try make our roadmap more transparent, especially so that contributors can help us get to stable faster without cutting too many non-critical features.

Thanks, just started work on the project using JME3 and eclipse (we use eclipse because we like its features, we may switch to the Jmonkey Platform once development has gone through a bit farther)

The only things that JME3 seems to be lacking in is a Standard Game type startup class… is there some substitute class that would work better? is there any tutorial on how to use something other than Simple Application?

clwillingham said:

Thanks, just started work on the project using JME3 and eclipse (we use eclipse because we like its features, we may switch to the Jmonkey Platform once development has gone through a bit farther)

The only things that JME3 seems to be lacking in is a Standard Game type startup class... is there some substitute class that would work better? is there any tutorial on how to use something other than Simple Application?

jMP has a Eclipse importer, would be cool if you could try it some time. I didnt have the time chicking it. You should be able to use eclipse and jMP in parallel then. (only thing is you will have to add libraries etc in Eclipse because jMP can resync the data but Eclipse cannot.

About StandardGame.. We'd like to extend the AppState system to a level where it can completely substitute any kind of Basic/Standard/PhysicsGame and just use one base Application class, so maybe trying to use AppStates already (or as soon as they're completely done). The gernal game logic should not differ that much anyway from base class to base class.

Cheers,
Normen