JME3 Platform SceneViewer not loading

Hi,

I’m new to JME and also new to JAVA (though I do have some experience with it). I installed JME3 and started doing tutorials, I have to say this is some of the best documented work Ive seen :slight_smile: . However I do have a small problem which doesn’t affect me at the moment but I’m sure will matter in the future. SceneViewer does not load in the bottom right hand corner it shows that its 14% loaded and then it stops there. I saw that JME3 wanted to do some updates so I decided to go ahead and update. I thought that may fix the problem but alas it didn’t, in fact it made things worse. When done updating a window came up, telling me that some modules will not work with this update.

It also may be important to note that when the installer was done it told me that it could not finish some registry modifications.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Do I have to re-install JME3 and if I do is there a way I can keep my projects? (mostly tutorials that Ive done)

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Also sorry if this is put in the wrong forum :frowning:

It might be your graphic card doesn’t support opengl 2 or it’s a bad graphic card adapter, perhaps updating to the lastest graphic card driver it work. If your machine doesn’t support opengl 2, you can build the jme3 in netbeans.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

I have just updated my graphics drivers, to the most recent. The problem still persists. I even ran some OpenGL benchmarking tests and passed the vast majority of them with 30+fps and many of them with 90+fps. These tests were for all OpenGL versions all the way from 1.1 to 2.1.

If it helps my graphics card is the Nvidia Geforce 7350LE, also I’m upgrading to the Geforce 560Ti in a few weeks so If its a card problem its sure to be fixed. In the mean time any other suggestions as to why this is happening?

EDIT: My bad guys I never saw the little red sign in the bottom right :stuck_out_tongue: Apparently an exception is thrown:

[java]java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.DefaultSysImplementation.getPointerSize()I

at org.lwjgl.DefaultSysImplementation.getPointerSize(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:100)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)

[catch] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)[/java]

Yeah, your graphic card support opengl 2, i have a nvidia 7100 that support it :D. Did you update your jmp to the lastest builds?

1 Like

I just updated again and now it tells me that its to the most recent version. Here’s my about:

Product Version: jMonkeyPlatform Alpha-4

Java: 1.6.0_21; Java HotSpot™ Server VM 17.0-b17

System: Windows Vista version 6.0 running on x86; Cp1252; en_CA (jmonkeyplatform)

Its still happening stuck at 14% :frowning:

Where you download your graphic card driver? You can find the lastest driver here.

1 Like

I downloaded the drivers exactly from there and I am running the driver version 275.33 which seems to be the newest one. Also I don’t know if this will helps but here is my log file errors:

At first it has some warnings:

[java]WARNING [org.netbeans.core.modules]: the modules [org.netbeans.modules.editor.structure, org.netbeans.modules.java.editor, org.netbeans.modules.java.editor.lib, org.netbeans.modules.xml.text] use org.netbeans.modules.editor.deprecated.pre65formatting which is deprecated.

WARNING [org.openide.filesystems.Ordering]: Not all children in Services/MIMEResolver/ marked with the position attribute: [JMEMaterialResolver.xml, OgreSceneResolver.xml, WaveFrontOBJResolver.xml, OgreBinaryMeshResolver.xml, JMEMaterialDefinitionResolver.xml, OgreXMLResolver.xml, NiftyGuiResolver.xml, OgreMaterialResolver.xml, JmeTextureResolver.xml, WaveFrontMaterialResolver.xml, JMEBinaryModelResolver.xml], but some are: [instance-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-java-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-image-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-properties-mime-resolver.xml, Manifest.xml, plain-text-resolver.xml, cssResolver.xml, Diff.xml, javascript.xml, JnlpResolver.xml, YAML.xml, html.xml, org-apache-tools-ant-module-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-editor-settings-storage-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-url-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-pdf-mime-resolver.xml, xslt-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-jar-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-editor-codetemplates-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-editor-macros-mime-resolver.xml, text-x-oql-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-services-XMLMIMEResolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-services-DTDMIMEResolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-services-ENTMIMEResolver.xml, FreemarkerResolver.xml, NpssResolver.xml, NpsResolver.xml, HprofResolver.xml]

WARNING [org.openide.filesystems.Ordering]: Not all children in Services/MIMEResolver/ marked with the position attribute: [JMEBinaryModelResolver.xml, JMEMaterialDefinitionResolver.xml, JMEMaterialResolver.xml, JmeTextureResolver.xml, NiftyGuiResolver.xml, OgreBinaryMeshResolver.xml, OgreMaterialResolver.xml, OgreSceneResolver.xml, OgreXMLResolver.xml, WaveFrontMaterialResolver.xml, WaveFrontOBJResolver.xml], but some are: [instance-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-java-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-image-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-properties-mime-resolver.xml, Manifest.xml, plain-text-resolver.xml, cssResolver.xml, Diff.xml, javascript.xml, JnlpResolver.xml, YAML.xml, html.xml, org-apache-tools-ant-module-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-editor-settings-storage-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-url-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-pdf-mime-resolver.xml, xslt-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-jar-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-editor-codetemplates-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-editor-macros-mime-resolver.xml, text-x-oql-mime-resolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-services-XMLMIMEResolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-services-DTDMIMEResolver.xml, org-netbeans-modules-xml-services-ENTMIMEResolver.xml, FreemarkerResolver.xml, NpssResolver.xml, NpsResolver.xml, HprofResolver.xml][/java]

There seems to be an error while loading some libraries:

[java]SEVERE [com.jme3.system.JmeSystem]: Error while copying native libraries

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:UsersAlex.jmonkeyplatformlwjgl.dll (Access is denied)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)

at com.jme3.system.Natives.extractNativeLib(Natives.java:74)

at com.jme3.system.Natives.extractNativeLibs(Natives.java:175)

[catch] at com.jme3.system.JmeSystem.initialize(JmeSystem.java:366)

at com.jme3.system.JmeSystem.newContext(JmeSystem.java:282)

at com.jme3.app.Application.createCanvas(Application.java:337)

at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication.<init>(SceneApplication.java:132)

at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication.getApplication(SceneApplication.java:91)

at com.jme3.gde.core.Installer.restored(Installer.java:55)

at org.netbeans.core.startup.NbInstaller.loadCode(NbInstaller.java:426)

at org.netbeans.core.startup.NbInstaller.load(NbInstaller.java:366)

at org.netbeans.ModuleManager.enable(ModuleManager.java:1025)

at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.installNew(ModuleList.java:318)

at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.trigger(ModuleList.java:254)

at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleSystem.restore(ModuleSystem.java:294)

at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.getModuleSystem(Main.java:172)

at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.start(Main.java:308)

at org.netbeans.core.startup.TopThreadGroup.run(TopThreadGroup.java:123)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)[/java]

and another exception (I think this is the one that kills SceneViewer):

[java]WARNING [org.openide.util.ImageUtilities]: Initial slashes in Utilities.loadImage deprecated (cf. #20072): /com/jme3/gde/assetpack/icons/assets.gif

INFO [com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay]: EDT: Creating OGL thread.

SEVERE [org.openide.util.Exceptions]

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.DefaultSysImplementation.getPointerSize()I

at org.lwjgl.DefaultSysImplementation.getPointerSize(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:100)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)

[catch] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)[/java]

lastly I have these warnings:

[java]Diagnostic information

Input arguments:

-Xms24m

-Xmx512m

-XX:PermSize=256m

-Djdk.home=C:Program

FilesJavajdk1.6.0_21

-splash:C:UsersAlexAppDataRoaming.jmonkeyplatformdevvarcachesplash.png

-Dnetbeans.home=C:Program

Filesjmonkeyplatformplatform

-Dnetbeans.user=C:UsersAlexAppDataRoaming.jmonkeyplatformdev

-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

-XX:HeapDumpPath=C:UsersAlexAppDataRoaming.jmonkeyplatformdevvarlogheapdump.hprof

-Dnetbeans.system_http_proxy=DIRECT

-Dsun.awt.keepWorkingSetOnMinimize=true

-Dnetbeans.dirs=C:Program

Filesjmonkeyplatformjmonkeyplatform;C:Program

Filesjmonkeyplatformextra;C:Program

Filesjmonkeyplatformharness;C:Program

Filesjmonkeyplatformide;C:Program

Filesjmonkeyplatformjava

Compiler: HotSpot Tiered Compilers

Heap memory usage: initial 24.0MB maximum 455.1MB

Non heap memory usage: initial 258.2MB maximum 304.0MB

Garbage collector: PS Scavenge (Collections=10 Total time spent=0s)

Garbage collector: PS MarkSweep (Collections=1 Total time spent=0s)

Classes: loaded=8842 total loaded=8842 unloaded 0

INFO [org.netbeans.core.ui.warmup.DiagnosticTask]: Total memory 2,147,483,647

INFO [null]: Total physical memory 2,147,483,647

WARNING [org.openide.filesystems.Ordering]: Not all children in Menu/Tools/ marked with the position attribute: [OgreXML], but some are: [org-openide-actions-ToolsAction.shadow, I18N, Separator1.instance, JavaPlatformsCustomizerAction.shadow, VariablesCustomizerAction.shadow, LibrariesCustomizerAction.shadow, org-netbeans-modules-favorites-templates-TemplatesAction.shadow, org-netbeans-modules-xml-catalog-CatalogAction.shadow, PaletteManager, Separator2.instance, org-netbeans-modules-autoupdate-ui-actions-PluginManagerAction.shadow, org-netbeans-modules-options-OptionsWindowAction-separatorBefore.instance, org-netbeans-modules-options-OptionsWindowAction.shadow]

WARNING [org.openide.filesystems.Ordering]: Not all children in Menu/Window/ marked with the position attribute: [AssetPackBrowserAction.shadow, MaterialEditorAction.shadow, SceneExplorerAction.shadow, SceneViewerAction.shadow, VehicleCreatorAction.shadow], but some are: [org-netbeans-modules-project-ui-logical-tab-action.shadow, org-netbeans-modules-project-ui-physical-tab-action.shadow, org-netbeans-modules-favorites-View.shadow, org-netbeans-core-ide-ServicesTabAction.shadow, org-netbeans-modules-tasklist-ui-TaskListAction.shadow, ShowPaletteAction.shadow, org-netbeans-core-windows-actions-GlobalPropertiesAction.shadow, Output, Navigator, Debug, Profile, Versioning, Other, SwitchToRecentDocumentAction.shadow, ProgressListAction.shadow, Separator3.instance, ConfigureWindow, org-netbeans-core-windows-actions-ResetWindowsAction.shadow, Separator4.instance, CloseWindowAction.shadow, CloseAllDocumentsAction.shadow, CloseAllButThisAction.shadow, DocumentsAction.shadow]

WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateproviders.AutoupdateCatalogFactory]: Services/AutoupdateType/com_jme3_gde_core_netbeans_update_center.instance: url_key attribute deprecated in favor of url

WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateproviders.AutoupdateCatalogFactory]: Services/AutoupdateType/com_jme3_gde_core_plugin_portal_update_center.instance: url_key attribute deprecated in favor of url

WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateproviders.AutoupdateCatalogFactory]: Services/AutoupdateType/com_jme3_gde_core_thirdparty_update_center.instance: url_key attribute deprecated in favor of url

WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateproviders.AutoupdateCatalogFactory]: Services/AutoupdateType/com_jme3_gde_core_update_center.instance: url_key attribute deprecated in favor of url

WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateproviders.AutoupdateCatalogFactory]: Services/AutoupdateType/com_jme3_gde_core_update_center_stable.instance: url_key attribute deprecated in favor of url

WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateproviders.AutoupdateCatalogFactory]: Services/AutoupdateType/com_jme3_jmp_contributions_update_center.instance: url_key attribute deprecated in favor of url

WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateproviders.AutoupdateCatalogFactory]: Services/AutoupdateType/com_jme3_platform_update_center.instance: url_key attribute deprecated in favor of url

[/java]

Hmm, the second output showed a secutiry problem:

[java]

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:UsersAlex.jmonkeyplatformlwjgl.dll (Access is denied)

[/java]

Windows Vista sucks xd. Try to run the jmp as root.

1 Like

duh… wtf. windows goes: “No user, you cannot write to your very own directory.” A simple workaround would be setting the user rights for the .jmonkeyplatform folder. I dont get why they are messed up in the first place tho…

1 Like

Well, I played around with folder permissions for a while, everything was enabled, so I disabled all permissions applied and re-enabled permissions, made sure the folder wasn’t hidden. And what do you know SceneViewer loaded fine, now that I think about it this was stupidity on my part that I didn’t see this :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, while it loaded fine, it did give one last error about a frame buffer not begin supported by current video hardware, but I don’t think that will be a problem since I intend on upgrading to the 560Ti in a few weeks.

Thanks for your help guys :slight_smile: