jME3Test

I have created and built (the) jme3test project via jMonkeyPlatform.  Several of the demos do not display anything accept the statistical text.  Some of  said demos are:  TestPhysicsCar, TestSimpleCollision, TestMipMapGen, TestSimplePhysics (others).  The 'objects' appear to be  rendered, just not lit: TestBumpModel displays a red sphere, orbiting around a central point.  The sphere is occluded by an unlit object at it's fartest point of travel (away from the default camera location).  Also, the statistical info changes (no. of tri's etc) if I move the camera location/orientation.

Many of the demos appear to work.  TestFancyCar:  displays the car (but not the floor), TestExplosion, TestTriangleStrip, TestMonkeyHead (others).

Is this the correct behaviour?

No its not, do you have the most current drivers for your graphics card installed? You could also try and update jme3 via Tools->Plugins but I dont think there were too many changes material-wise…

Cheers,

Normen

I'll have to see about the drivers, although not much I can do; I don't have admin on this machine. 

You could also try and update jme3 via Tools->Plugins but I dont think there were too many changes material-wise..

I generally check every day or so for updated plugins.  However, I've noticed this behavour since I've been messing around wih jME3 (a couple of months maybe?).

To any extent, thanks for the repsponse.  I was beginning to believe I was going nuts: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/forum/index.php?topic=13980.0,
or that I know even less than I actually do (which ain't much).

I've had this issue before. It seems to be related to Intel GMA… Somehow, some things work and some don't.

Unfortunately I only had a machine with that issue for a limited time and could not test where the problem came from.

It's strange because an advanced test like MonkeyHead that uses normal and specular tests works, while a MipMapGen test or SimplePhysics just uses simple textured surfaces and does not work.

stopwalve said:

To any extent, thanks for the repsponse.  I was beginning to believe I was going nuts: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/forum/index.php?topic=13980.0,
or that I know even less than I actually do (which ain't much).

The issue in that link is a different one.

Can you please post the name of every test that has the issue? Maybe there's a pattern behind it. Like, some shader screwing up everything for example.

Can you please post the name of every test that has the issue? Maybe there's a pattern behind it. Like, some shader screwing up everything for example.

I'll have to run each as time permits.  However, as a minimalistic data point, the simplest of the tests that does not appear to function properly is: TextBox.  Nothing is displayed when using LWJGL2.0.  The object with texture DOES appear when using JOGL.

Okay, sounds like it might be an issue with SimpleTextured.j3md and friends, since TestMipMapGen and the Physics tests fail as well.