JmeAssetLinkNode nodes in SceneExplorer can't be deleted

Just copy action is showed up when we right click on a linked model in SceneExplorer. A screen shot says more than a thousand of words :wink:

Good night!

Alright, I’ll have a look at that.

Hi, I just tested this with JMP Beta (2nd stable release that Normen added yesterday) to see if this is an old issue or a current one and I can delete a model that was Added in Scenecomposer, but not one that was Linked in Scenecomposer like Glaucomardano says.

Why would I Link a model in the scene instead of Adding it? Does Linking update models in the scene whenever I update the original model or what benefit does it have over Adding?

I can however delete the contents of the Linked model and my Copy action is actually greyed out (disabled) on the Linked model

@jatheron said:
Why would I Link a model in the scene instead of Adding it? Does Linking update models in the scene whenever I update the original model or what benefit does it have over Adding?

1- The idea of linking a model is that it won't increase the scene file as an added model does. Instead you add several instances of your models to your scene, just link them into the scene and keep the scene file size small. e.g.: Create you castle as a scene file and a warrior as a model file and add several links of the warrior to the scene to make a large army.
2 - yes

Edit: You add a model to scenes when you wanna it has different behaviors in each scene. e.g.: you have two scenes and a warrior, and you would like to have a yellow warrior in a scene and a red warrior in the other, then add it to both scenes and set them materials as well.