JMonkey not recognizing classes? java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: World/Chartographer
at World.RegionBase.<init>(
at mygame.Main.createScene(
at mygame.Main.simpleUpdate(
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: World.Chartographer
at Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
… 8 more

BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 10 seconds)

This is the log of JMonkey, pretty much sayin we don’t know what you doin’, cause we don’t see no class there.

In all seriousness, this is a repeat problem with Jmonkey, that seems to only be solved by starting a new project, even if the files are the same.
Now, it is probably my fault (interrupted a scan or something), but it is really annoying and makes it impossible to test my code.

Do any of you know a fix for this?
A way to make JMonkey remember the files are where they are supposed to be?

1 Like

Hate to bump this so soon… but this is a very annoying problem that I can’t find a solution too.

Just hope there is a fix, like a forced jmonkey update or something.

1 Like

Could you privide an image of your project? The directory in the jmonkey sdk? I had some problems a while ago with my source files not being recognized as source files because they werent correctly in the project, it happened because I started a new project and just dragged my old classes over and didnt select the old project folder with “existing sources” or something like that in the new project dialogue.

1 Like

<iframe src=“Welcome to Flickr!” width=“75” height=“75” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

there we are, if that doesn’t work:


What is weird is this happened after running it a great deal of times, just to debug stuff.

-Thank you

Did you try clean&build?

@normen said: Did you try clean&build?

I’m probably going to sound like a noob again… but I did that, then tried to run the project, and it is the same.

Sorry for my low quality questions…

Maybe try deleting the netbeans cache, delete everything in [USER_HOME].jmonkey\7.x\var

Not home so I dont know if thats the right location, but I know the cache is the var folder.

Maybe also try copying everything in the offending class, deleting it, creating a new class with a slightly different nam, and paste in all the code, and correct all the references to that class to use the slightly different class name. This would be a temporary fix until we can find out whats actually going on. This is a netbeans thing, and has nothing to do with jmonkey so you might want to cross post to netbeans forum to see if anyone can help you there too.

I had that problem,too.

You have to resave the files. This means, write something into the missing file, remove the added content and save that file again.


You have to do that for all files that are listet as missing :confused:

I did it and my problem in java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError got solved.