jMonkey platform not shutting down when closing

Running TestBareBonesApp threw the error and it used to run fine until I updated today.

Ah, for projects the dll is being extracted to the project root when you run the app inside the SDK, delete that one.

It’s really fouled up now. Running most of the samples now causes the error and also when I exit jM, it gives the same error.

Be back in the morning early, got to go. Thanks.

OK. I have a few minutes still… the dll in the project directory is dated 11/16/2011 and the one in the settings is 11/21/2011.

The lwjgl.dll and lwjgl64.dll in the jME3-lwjgl-natives.jar are both dated 11/13/2011.

For any dll, just delete them, they will be recreated with whatever version is run. Maybe you have user rights issue, when the project directory cannot be written, a file (user home)/.jme3/(application_hash) is used for extraction instead so if the dll doesn’t reappear thats a reason to worry.

Anybody else have an update issue yet, at least that’s posted?

Not that I know of, there simply were no changes in the lwjgl stuff.

Well I’m stuck. I had everything running flawless too. I don’t know what else to do right now.

Not care for a popup on application exit and wait till its gone again? ^^

yeh my jvm is also crashing, windows 7 32 bit (latest stable).

Just got this error opening JMP as well (jmp still opens tho)

http://i.imgur.com/Xj60H.png

Gonna try with latest nightly and see if the issues arise

Edit: it seems ok now with latest nightly, tried 4 times and no crashes, and no error messages when opening jmp

Some of the samples won’t run now besides the exit error. I get that error after a sample won’t run, then also when I exit jM.

Can you post the full exception? It should be in the stop sign on the bottom right of the IDE

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX64

Application Name: java.exe

Application Version: 6.0.230.5

Application Timestamp: 4cde7338

Fault Module Name: OpenAL64.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ea64741

Exception Offset: 000000000964f477

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 0000000000000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 56f5

Additional Information 2: 56f50057683cdbfd654c11c2adb3bbee

Additional Information 3: b999

Additional Information 4: b999274aa44e008919de02a0b7be5536

@wezrule said:
yeh my jvm is also crashing, windows 7 32 bit (latest stable).

Just got this error opening JMP as well (jmp still opens tho)
http://i.imgur.com/Xj60H.png

Gonna try with latest nightly and see if the issues arise

Edit: it seems ok now with latest nightly, tried 4 times and no crashes, and no error messages when opening jmp

I also did the nightly update and it's much better. A couple of things in the samples won't run, but so far it's 99% better. Thanks for the input!

JME3 Examples:

Since I did the nightly update, now inside of the jme3test.terrain folder, the files

TerrainFractalGridTest.java

TerrainGridAlphaMapTest.java

TerrainGridTest.java

give an error for these lines in all three files:

terrain.addListener(“physicsStartListener”, new TerrainGridListener() {

Just when I thought things were fixed. :slight_smile:

Here’s the popup message for the error:

method addListener in class com.jme3.terrain.geomipmap.TerrainGrid cannot be applied to given types;

required: com.jme3.terrain.geomipmap.TerrainGridListener

found: java.lang.String,

reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length

Well nightly is nightly and prone to be broken, we are working heavily on the TerrainGrid right now. The stable branch gets all working changes and really there is no difference in the lwjgl or openal version between nightly and stable, the issue has to be elsewhere.