jMonkeyBuilder error

One day torture
Java17 and JFX19 issues have been submitted to GitHub
I tried to compile using JDK 1.8
But there still seems to be a problem
(jinput-dx8_64 )
I know too little about this file to be able to determine the cause of the error
I can’t find anything relevant in google.
Maybe I don’t know much about the problem itself and I missed something :face_exhaling: :face_exhaling: :face_exhaling: :face_exhaling:

信息: Unlocked
Exception in thread "GL-Renderer" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: The required native library 'jinput-dx8_64' was not found in the classpath via 'native/windows/jinput-dx8_64.dll'. Error message: no jinput-dx8_64 in java.library.path
	at com.jme3.system.NativeLibraryLoader.loadNativeLibrary(NativeLibraryLoader.java:589)
	at com.ss.editor.Editor.start(Editor.java:167)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
INFO 18:49:36:912 ExecutorManager: initialized.
INFO 18:49:37:041 ClassPathScanner: scanning E:\Gradle\caches\modules-2\files-2.1\org.jmonkeyengine\jme3-effects\3.5.1-stable\2124d7ba6393ef557add3d8ed33642a7073f5ea\jme3-effects-3.5.1-stable.jar
INFO 18:49:37:084 ClassPathScanner: scanning E:\Gradle\caches\modules-2\files-2.1\org.jmonkeyengine\jme3-core\3.5.1-stable\eea5ce6e43f452414e23ea3664d0a01ce5a57b36\jme3-core-3.5.1-stable.jar
INFO 18:49:37:248 ClassPathScanner: scanning E:\Gradle\caches\modules-2\files-2.1\org.jmonkeyengine\jme3-effects\3.5.1-stable\2124d7ba6393ef557add3d8ed33642a7073f5ea\jme3-effects-3.5.1-stable.jar
INFO 18:49:37:259 ClassPathScanner: scanning E:\Gradle\caches\modules-2\files-2.1\org.jmonkeyengine\jme3-core\3.5.1-stable\eea5ce6e43f452414e23ea3664d0a01ce5a57b36\jme3-core-3.5.1-stable.jar
INFO 18:49:37:476 ClassPathScanner: scanned for 899 classes and 227 resources.
INFO 18:49:37:477 ClassPathScanner: scanned for 899 classes and 227 resources.
Exception in Application start method
WARNING 18:49:37:478 InitializeManager: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.ss.editor.manager.ResourceManager.<init>(ResourceManager.java:187)
	at com.ss.editor.manager.ResourceManager.getInstance(ResourceManager.java:95)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at com.ss.rlib.manager.InitializeManager.initialize(InitializeManager.java:41)
	at com.ss.editor.thread.InitializationThread.run(InitializationThread.java:16)

Exception in thread "JFX-MainApplication" java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
	at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:917)
	at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$1(LauncherImpl.java:182)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at com.ss.editor.ui.component.creator.FileCreatorRegistry.<init>(FileCreatorRegistry.java:50)
	at com.ss.editor.ui.component.creator.FileCreatorRegistry.<clinit>(FileCreatorRegistry.java:27)
	at com.ss.editor.ui.component.editor.area.EditorAreaComponent.<clinit>(EditorAreaComponent.java:81)
	at com.ss.editor.ui.builder.EditorFXSceneBuilder.build(EditorFXSceneBuilder.java:105)
	at com.ss.editor.ui.builder.EditorFXSceneBuilder.build(EditorFXSceneBuilder.java:89)
	at com.ss.editor.JFXApplication.buildScene(JFXApplication.java:132)
	at com.ss.editor.JFXApplication.start(JFXApplication.java:83)
	at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$8(LauncherImpl.java:863)
	at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$7(PlatformImpl.java:326)
	at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$5(PlatformImpl.java:295)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$6(PlatformImpl.java:294)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$3(WinApplication.java:177)
	... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.ss.editor.manager.ResourceManager.<init>(ResourceManager.java:187)
	at com.ss.editor.manager.ResourceManager.getInstance(ResourceManager.java:95)
	at com.ss.editor.ui.component.creator.impl.material.MaterialFileCreator.<clinit>(MaterialFileCreator.java:40)
	... 16 more

This is the build.gradle file

plugins {
    id 'java'

}
String engineVersion = "3.5.1-stable"
group 'org.scrappers'
version '1.0-RM-VERSION'

repositories {
    mavenCentral()
    maven { url 'https://jcenter.bintray.com' } // for SimMath
}
apply plugin: 'java'
sourceCompatibility = 1.8
targetCompatibility = 1.8

dependencies {
    testImplementation 'org.junit.jupiter:junit-jupiter-api:5.6.0'
    testRuntimeOnly 'org.junit.jupiter:junit-jupiter-engine'
    implementation 'org.jetbrains:annotations:16.0.2'
    /* local dependencies */
    implementation fileTree(dir: "libs", include: ["*.jar", "*.so"])
    implementation fileTree(dir: "libs/extensions", include: ["*.jar", "*.so"])
    implementation fileTree(dir: "libs/extensions/simsilica", include: ["*.jar", "*.so"])
    implementation fileTree(dir: "libs/extensions/toneg0d", include: ["*.jar", "*.so"])
    implementation fileTree(dir: "libs/extensions/xbuf", include: ["*.jar", "*.so"])
    implementation fileTree(dir: "libs/http", include: ["*.jar", "*.so"])
    implementation fileTree(dir: "libs/svg", include: ["*.jar", "*.so"])

/* remote dependencies */
    implementation "org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-core:$engineVersion"
    implementation "org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:$engineVersion"
    implementation "org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-effects:$engineVersion"
    implementation "org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-terrain:$engineVersion"
    implementation "org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-lwjgl3:$engineVersion"
    implementation "org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-plugins:$engineVersion"

}

test {
    useJUnitPlatform()
}

Looks like that is required by JavaFx. JavaFx is a pain (even if a well made library) because it is OS specific and not included in the JRE. Are you sure you want to use JavaFx and not lemur?

One of my projects uses JavaFx :frowning: and I need to include an OS specific JavaFx along with the JRE.

(Java 17 should be fine, I use Java 17)

1 Like

I’m looking for a shader visual editor like Unity and writing shader code directly to adjust the model is too abstract for me.
:sweat_smile:

Some people think they want to write games but then actually spend two years writing tools.

Make sure you are doing what you really want to do.

4 Likes

Yes, need to find the right tools to complete game project Instead of spending a lot of time finishing tools.
In the past six months, with the help of most people in the forum, I quickly mastered most of the basics of JME :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
There may be more challenges ahead :face_exhaling: :face_exhaling: :face_exhaling: :face_exhaling:

Jme extracts native images from your jar on runtime using jme NativeLibraryLoader, make you sure you have the administrator privileges when running the jar…also check other dynamic libraries .dll around your jar to confirm that you have the administrator privileges.

EDIT:

Because, if you don’t, extraction will fail as it seems here.

1 Like