jMonkeyEngine SDK Closes - Ubuntu 12.04

Problem: SDK exits when the “Exit” / “Close” / “Cancel” button is selected from a dialog box opened via right-click or other navigation.

Temporary Solution: Restart SDK. It just sucks but not the end of the world.

I don’t understand, you complain the SDK exits when you select “Exit”, and then you have to restart the SDK :?
The content of this post is meant to be read as a straight information or question without an implicit dismissive stance or interest in having the other party feel offended unless there’s emotes that hint otherwise or there’s an increased use of exclamation marks and all-capital words.

Ya, you’re probably thinking, “This guys an idiot!”.

I’m refering to a Dialog Box as shown below. If I select “Close”, the entire SDK closes, not just the dialog box.

@platz said: Ya, you're probably thinking, "This guys an idiot!".

Nope:

Okay, so you say this is for file selection dialogs? Is this true for any dialog window? Because it rather sounds like a LAF / native window manager issue:
https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/sdk:troubleshooting
The content of this post is meant to be read as a straight information or question without an implicit dismissive stance or interest in having the other party feel offended unless there’s emotes that hint otherwise or there’s an increased use of exclamation marks and all-capital words.

I’m all jokes. :smiley:

I’ll play with your link and update later. It’s starting to look like a native window manager issue since I’ve had it randomly close doing other stuff. My earlier pattern doesn’t stick. Note that previous image of my post was for illustrative purposes only to show what a Dialog Box is, not my pic.

Solution: Changed LAF. Ran all day without issues.

Thanks guys.

1 Like