jMonkeyEngine v3.3.0-stable released

oh, but i said much more than this :slight_smile:

sorry for wall-text, i agree newbies should have more easy start here, but wall text explain that there are other arguments why it is not so much newbie-friendly.

1 Like

I submitted four SDK PRs recently which fixes some iOS problems. Also the sound!
bullet-native would be great to have on iOS, please submit!

3 Likes

jme is good! it dont need like to unity3d !we are java coder !

1 Like

Thank you guys for all the efforts in creating this release.
Where can I find a documentation of breaking changes (if there are any)?
Me & my students are using relatively old computers so my biggest concern is whether this new version will not work for usā€¦

And BTW I programmed both for Android and PC and never used JMEā€™s development environment (SDK) so Iā€™m glad that most of the attention is put in the engine itself

1 Like

Iā€™ve not seen anything game breaking in change log except the cutting of 32bit Mac support (which was deprecated anyway). Everything else was mostly fixing bugs and adding new features.

Now if you use community based projects (not included in engine) such as Minie, some of their authors will be releasing new updates that wonā€™t be compatible with older versions, such as jME3.2. So depending, they may or may not have incompatibilities.

If you still want to have a look for yourself:

1 Like

There may be some breaking changes depending on how many unrecommended practices you use personally.

For example, if you implement AppState directly instead of extending one of the base classes then there were some new methods added to that interface that you will have to add. (Or you can just extend one of the base classes as recommended.)

If you try it and have problems then the issues you encounter would be a nice start for a ā€œbreaking changesā€ list if you report back.

2 Likes