jMonkeyPlatform 3.2.2-sdk1 installation failure

Here’s the installation log:
jMonkeyPlatform 3.2.2-sdk1 install failure log · GitHub

A fixed version will shortly be available, see v3.2.2-stable-sdk1 installation fails with NullPointerException in ConfigurationLogic · Issue #186 · jMonkeyEngine/sdk · GitHub for the background (the JDK dropped support for Apache Derby)

1 Like

the same thing in ubuntu… but whe i go link, i did not understand what to do… maybe it will be work next version… I’ve installed jmonkey 2.1

I’ve tried that latest version of v3.2.2-stable-sdk1, but get exactly the same exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
 	at org.mycompany.ConfigurationLogic.setExecutableContents(ConfigurationLogic.java:215)
 	at org.mycompany.ConfigurationLogic.install(ConfigurationLogic.java:202)
 	at org.netbeans.installer.product.components.Product.install(Product.java:358)
 	at org.netbeans.installer.wizard.components.actions.InstallAction.execute(InstallAction.java:155)
 	at org.netbeans.installer.wizard.components.WizardAction$1.run(WizardAction.java:123)

ConfigurationLogic line 202 would now be the “jre/bin” folder, but I’m sure that folder’s created. Unless, somehow, the old version of ConfigurationLogic is still contained in the exe, in which case line 202 will still be “db/bin”?

1 Like

The Sad story is that this is hard to debug as everytime I am changing something in the code I have to build it for 30 minutes. I could just kill the exception but now I’m curious why things break that way, I mean certainly the jre is still there, but maybe they moved folders?
That’s why I didn’t “solve” the issue the first time: What if their jre is now at bin/jre? Then we need to change that.
I’ll keep the Issue updated

1 Like

Maybe test it with downgrading to previous jdk version ?
Or maybe update SDK’s netbeans version to 9/10 with jdk to 11 (in case it is as simply as to change netbeans download url to 9/10 ) and see if it happens ?

Sometimes the SDK makes me wanna cry, but when you add Travis to the mix, it’s almost every time :frowning:
I found the issue and it also explains why we still see this issue magically and why I couldn’t reproduce it with my debug version (which would’ve printed the folder in question).

https://travis-ci.org/jMonkeyEngine/sdk/jobs/474264824#L2557
When you delete a tag, github doesn’t delete the attached release files and so they cannot be updated.

Downgrading the JDK is impossible btw, because oracle doesn’t store the old versions on their servers anymore or at least change the links so that you can only go back one jdk version. Upgrading the JDK or SDK is what leads to such problems, only headaches.

Anyway, in one hour the build should be ready, this time.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s working now. Thanks, DC! :+1:

2 Likes

The newer 3.2.2-stable-sdk1 installs fine, but there’s a runtime issue on Windows 7:
Windows cannot find the target · Issue #187 · jMonkeyEngine/sdk · GitHub