jMonkeyPlatform issue : lwjgl.jar

Hello !

I am writing here because I don’t manage to start a project in the jMonkeyPlatform… I have seen this issue in other topics, but I haven’t seen any solution ! ^^’ (Sorry if there is a solution that I didn’t see…)

Indeed, with a simple “Basic Game”, after choosing my “Display setting”, I have this error :

GRAVE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Audio Thread,6,main]
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.openal.EFX10.nalGenAuxiliaryEffectSlots(ILjava/nio/IntBuffer;I)V
at org.lwjgl.openal.EFX10.nalGenAuxiliaryEffectSlots(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.openal.EFX10.alGenAuxiliaryEffectSlots(EFX10.java:529)
at com.jme3.audio.lwjgl.LwjglAudioRenderer.initInThread(LwjglAudioRenderer.java:212)
at com.jme3.audio.lwjgl.LwjglAudioRenderer.run(LwjglAudioRenderer.java:118)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I have never used any application with "lwjgl" before today, and I have already tried to update this library in the jMonkeyPlatform directory... But the issue is still there !

Thank you in advance !

Because java uses a “virtual machine” to run your app… Effectively your code is compiled to the CPU architecture at hand, but the java environment runs in 32bit.

Ok, thank you.

It’s strange because I’ve already created some applications with JAVA 32 bits and I’ve never encountered this problem !

I don’t understand how I can program with JAVA 64 bits, and a user use it with JAVA 32 bits… How is it possible ?!

This is the solution ! The project works with the 64 bits JDK !

Thank you a lot !

But I don’t understand why I can’t use the 32 bits JDK… It means that I won’t be able to create a 32 bits application ?

I cant exactly point at the issue, it could be either that your windows system only supports java in 32bit and no other 32bit applications, which would mean that all native libraries fail to load if the architectures don’t match or theres some special incompatibility with some driver (e.g. sound) in mixed environments. Generally you don’t have to care about this at all as the jme3 applications run the same on 32bit and 64bit systems on the user side, given they are properly configured.

SDK version? OS? OS Version? Graphics Card? Graphics Card Version? When does this happen? Anything?

I have the latest version of JAVA (SDK and JRE) and the lastest JME downloadable.

Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

OS : Windows 7 professionnal 64 bits (But my jMonkeyPlatform is configurated in 32 bits, as JAVA)

The problem happens every time I try to launch a basic game project ; I can choose some display settings, and next, after a few seconds, I have the error and nothing happens…

So this only happens when you run an actual project, not when you run the SDK? Apparently audio cannot be started properly on your system, can you try running in 64bit java?

Ok, I understand ! Thank you again for your help !