JMP closes whenever I try to import model

Today I decide to give JMP another try since I want to try loading model from Blender 2.57 through the new Blender Loader

but whenever I press the green button to import the model JMP closes immediately

here is all the log I got

ace@ace-laptop /usr/local/jmonkeyplatform/bin $ sh jmonkeyplat*

./…/platform/lib/nbexec: line 548: 11938 Segmentation fault “/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/java” -Djdk.home="/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun" -classpath “/usr/local/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/boot.jar:/usr/local/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/org-openide-modules.jar:/usr/local/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/org-openide-util.jar:/usr/local/jmonkeyplatform/platform/lib/org-openide-util-lookup.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/lib/dt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/lib/tools.jar” -Dnetbeans.system_http_proxy=“DIRECT” -Dnetbeans.system_http_non_proxy_hosts="" -Dnetbeans.dirs="./…/jmonkeyplatform:./…/extra:./…/harness:./…/ide:./…/java:" -Dnetbeans.home="/usr/local/jmonkeyplatform/platform" ‘-Xms24m’ ‘-Xmx512m’ ‘-XX:PermSize=256m’ -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath="/home/ace/.jmonkeyplatform/dev/var/log/heapdump.hprof" org.netbeans.Main --userdir “/home/ace/.jmonkeyplatform/dev” “–branding” “jmonkeyplatform” “jmonkeyplatform.exe” 0<&0

JMP: linux version

You need to have the sun jdk 6 installed.

I think I had sun, but after I read your post I updated it again, I still get a similar error like above

ace@ace-laptop ~ $ java -version

java version “1.6.0_26”

Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)

Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

and finally today I saw some update in jmp I updated it and now jmp wont even run.

it stays like that forever, and in terminal it doesnt even give me any error

In jmonkeyplatform/etc/jmonkeyplatform.conf you can set the path to the JDK, if you have an ATI card you might want to try disabling the welcome screen, as ATI doesnt seem to be able to fix some of their bugs…