jMP not updating

I know there are a lot of these topics out there, but none were useful for me. I’m using the jMonkeyPlatform Alpha-4 that I downloaded from the NightlyBuilds page. I tried reinstalling (also checked the box where it asked me whether I wanted to remove some folder on my AppData dir), installing the stable version and waited for hours for it to update.

My issue is the following: I want to get the Blender Plugin (the one that lets you load an asset from within the .blender project), but whenever I try to start the plugin window, it just freezes. I am able to close it and open a new window though. The plugin window just freezes when it’s “Initializing the plugin list”. I’ve had some issues with the plugin feature before. Whenever I tried to update my IDE, it would not download the updates at all, being stuck on 4% or 2% for hours.

Is there a way to just install the blender plugin manually?

Is it just me or has anyone been having the same problem?

Thank you in advance,

~Renato

No idea, never heard of this.

One idea: Do you have any firewall / virus protection software running?

Nopes. It was the first thing I checked.

Update: I stayed for an hour on the plugin list and it now shows the available plugins. I then checked the Blender Plugin and clicked on the Install button. Now it’s stuck on 24% since then (on the Datasystems API part).

Seems your connection is just veeeery veeeery slow… oO

Well it’s 5MB according to the speed test I just did and from my internet provider’s information. I’m pretty sure it’s not my internet.

BTW, it’s still on 24%.

Can’t I just download the plugin manually?

Yeah, where the updater downloads it from:

http://jmonkeyengine.com/platform/updatecenter/alpha/

1 Like

Alright. Thanks! I’ll try it right now!

monkeyspotted said:
Well it's 5MB according to the speed test I just did and from my internet provider's information. I'm pretty sure it's not my internet.
BTW, it's still on 24%.
Can't I just download the plugin manually?

do you mean 5Mb?

Run the updates in safemode.

jMP is not updating here either. I tried 2 months ago and had the same problem… How can I run the updates in safemode? I’m running a freshly installed alpha 4.

Reboot your PC and before it starts (Windows logo shows up) press F8. Then choose safe mode.

Ahh like that. I doubt that is going to work :S I heard there were some problems with a router before, is that still the case?

kajos said:
Ahh like that. I doubt that is going to work :S I heard there were some problems with a router before, is that still the case?

No, the server is connected to a completely different backbone now. Why you come here for help just to doubt people? If I were you I'd at least try that, windows seems to mess up its user rights pretty badly sometimes, in safe mode they are largely disabled afaik.

Yes, I will try it. I never encountered a similar problem with Netbeans, thats why I doubted it.

Wow, such a bizarre fix, but it worked! So happy :smiley: Thanks, all!