JMP Suggestion thread

Have you tried activating the netbeans plugins for those languages?

(I’ve not tried it so I don’t know that it works but I would be surprised if it didn’t…)

Ahh sorry for my last post, I meant of course if it shouldn’t be possible to use other JVM languages besides java, in the jMonkeyEngine SDK. I looked through the plugin section, to see if it was possible to install a plugin to use them, but I couldn’t find any. However I thought that for a new user to install external plugins would be a little difficult, at the same time of learning the jMonkeyEngine. So I was wondering if it wouldn’t be possible to include the uses for some of these other JVM languages, directly in the jMonkeyEngine. ?

Would it be much of a change to be able to delete multiple nodes at once (one ok question)? For 20 selected nodes there came up 20 questions if that node should be selected :smiley:

Another thing is materials, would it be much of a pain to have a rightclick on multiple selected nodes and have an option to assign materials to all the containing meshes?

@ghoust said:
Would it be much of a change to be able to delete multiple nodes at once (one ok question)? For 20 selected nodes there came up 20 questions if that node should be selected :D
Another thing is materials, would it be much of a pain to have a rightclick on multiple selected nodes and have an option to assign materials to all the containing meshes?

I guess thats possible yeah.

Another thing I missed during the last days of scene editing is the posibility to do a save as for the currently edited j3o scene, to have several versions. Workaround at the moment is to copy the file in the os.

1 Like

Okay, so it seems no one has posted this. Eclipse has two code editing features that I think are really must-haves for Jmonkey.

1. Code Error Suggestions

Eclipse: right click the error, your list of suggestions comes up.

Jmonkey: When you have an error in your code and suggestions come up, you have to click alt+enter to get suggestions? That’s irritating.

2. Parentheses/Brackets Selection:

Eclipse: double click a parenthesis or bracket, the contents are selected. This makes searching for a missing closed paren or bracket easy. Also it makes moving content really easy as well if you like copying, cutting, and pasting.

@valentiinro

1. Click the light bulb if you’re a mouse fan.
  2. Theres a shortcut for going to the end bracket when your cursor is at the opening bracket, just hold shift and press that (idk whats default, just set the keyboard layout to eclipse if you know it from there)