jNavigation

Hi,

this is supposed to be the first task, building the new thread and explaining who I am and what I will do.

I am Tihomir Radosavljevic from Serbia (UTC+1). I am going to make jNavigation - project based on Recast Navigation https://github.com/memononen/recastnavigation . The project will enable us to use the generator of navigational meshes, the methods for pathfinding and moving through the navigational meshes… and other features that the jMonkey community says is important to have. The code of this project will be on GitHub - QuietOne/jNavigation: Navigation for jMonkey Engine. for the time being…

I hope there will be a lot of people willing to test library, so I could make it better and more stable.

8 Likes

Hey, cool, you can bet there a several people already waiting for this :wink: (including me)

indeed - I hope to see this going live, can’t wait to test it :smiley:

As this is also my final thesis, this must succeeded… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Behind you all the way =D

Welcome Tihomir =)

Awesome! Good luck on this… call out if you need any help. Lot’s o smart people around here, some are even nice (sarcasm… most if not everyone is nice).

@sploreg and @sevarac have you talked about how we’re gonna structure the AI projects?

Last I talked with sploreg, he seemed confident that /jNavigation could be its own self-contained plugin, and then MonkeyBrains (which will probably also be a plugin, right?) would just be one of (theoretically) several ways to tap into the /jNavigation API.

Did I get that right?

@erlend_sh @sploreg Yes jNavigation will be own plugin, and it should be easy to hook it later to MonkeyBrains by wraping it with Behaviour class.

2 Likes

Sounds good to me Zoran @sevarac

Sounds really good , can’t wait to test it!