KHR_Transform

A normal map texture is an RGB texture that represents the difference in direction of the surface normal (Unity - Manual: Normal map (Bump mapping))

It is not a direction vector by itself, but it can be used to modify the direction vector of the surface (Normal mapping - Wikipedia)

A normal map texture is not considered to be a direction vector because it does not store the absolute direction of the surface normal, but rather the difference in direction relative to its un-modified surface normal (Unity - Manual: Normal map (Bump mapping))12. A direction vector is a vector that points in a specific direction and has a magnitude of one (opengl - Normal map lighting is different depending on the direction - Stack Overflow)3. A normal map texture uses RGB values to encode the difference in direction, which can vary depending on the coordinate space and shading model used (Unity - Manual: Normal map (Bump mapping))12.
A direction vector is independent of any coordinate system or shading model.

Ok i changed the normal map and made it smoother feel the change from upper screenshots :smiley:
no bloom beta3:

2 Likes

and yes i gonna do it i already learnt alot during past week about texture maps literally i can make them right away. also I learnt that my phone has a special ability with its 5 camera on texture photography i planned to test it it would be super nice if get some result with it. thank you ali it was nice to get help from you

1 Like

I submit a fix for this. I hope to include it in next release.

Regarding addition of a scale factor for normal map, I would like to ask @pspeed and @sgold opinions. If this is considered a good addition by them then I can submit a PR.

1 Like

By the way, does gltf support this? You can check this by exporting the model to .gltf format (note not .glb) from modo.

Yes actually modo has a native GLTF shader it’s different from normal material of the modo, modo has several different material shaders, Gltf, unity, unreal, axf, and one that is native to modo it self which has tons of capabilities, i never seen a 3d software like this that has direct gltf shader you can read about it in this link i already provided below

1 Like

Does it support exporting to .gltf (gltf in json format) or only .glb (gltf in binary format)?

1 Like

Yeah, looks like GLTF2 specs supports a scale factor for normal map. as well as metallic-roughness and occlusion textures.

1 Like

yes actually i directly export both in glb and gltf, it support exports on both formats, sure but i need to it privately to you let me make a link and i send it to you privately in message or also you can give me a mail address so i can send the zip to that also feel free to use it in your games if anytime you needed a gaga frisebee :smiley:

Can you upload the .gltf file?

also i recently updated modo to new version 16.1 there is change in release note regarding the gltf

ID 515094 - GL Transmission Format (glTF) now supports tiling materials.

Because the normal scale is defined in gltf specs and the formula for this is already provided in specs I went ahead and implemented it in JME.

6 Likes

Hi,

These features are now available in the latest snapshot release (3.7.0-SNAPSHOT) if you want to try them.

Unfortunately, it is too late for them to be included in the 3.6 release.

Edit:
Please see this post to learn how to use the snapshot release.

2 Likes