Latest update breaking the existing code

I am is a lot of trouble.

Just updated with the latest revision, and all the collision is gone from the game. :cry:

My presentation is tomorrow Sat, 6:00 PM, and the whole thing is broke.

• I know it takes 24 hour to compile to be able to be dowloaded by end user to get the updated code. I live at GMT +6. So, can anyone give my any info, about when exactly the fix will be downloadable via jMP?

• I saw the fix. Edited the code and re-zipped it with 7zip. But, the problem remains.

Why the fix is not working?

If you’re not relying on any features from the new version, why can’t you just keep using the older revision?

the PSSM was broken, theta’s why i needed to update.

this the the thread :

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/general-2/forum/topic/pssm-showing-incorrect-shadow/

I can run a compile for jME if that works for you but yeah, what about just reverting and not using pssm or applying the fix yourself?

That’s what i was going to ask, how do i revert update? I need to go two updates back.

And running a compile will be helpful for me.

Well you can checkout a specific version, so check out one version older and your are fine.

Theres also the nightly builds if you dont know how to do it in svn…

thanks a lot for compiling.

But, why the manual code editing didn’t work out?

EmpirePhoenix said:
Well you can checkout a specific version, so check out one version older and your are fine.

You mean setting a restore point in jMP?
I didn't get it, sorry.

If you are using JME as a project in your workspace directly from svn, you can force to update to a specific revision

in the subversion menu “update to”, “search”, “list”, and choose your revision from the list.

If you are using the jar delivered with JMP (default is you are using the basic game template), you can change the lib on your project with the one from the nightly build. right click on the project, “properties”, “libraries”, remove the jme3 entry in the list , do add library and add the one from the nightly build.

Rebuild your project then.

Just wanted to thank you guys for all the support.

The presentation was a wild success.There stands just another presentation between the final selection, and it is on 29 of this month.

But, they liked my project very much, and directly offered me a stall in the festival. :smiley:

Good!!

Congrats!!

Yay, congratulations!

I hope you’ll make a solid mention of the jME software & community :slight_smile: We’d love to get affiliated with more academics, be it students or professors.

erlend_sh said:
I hope you'll make a solid mention of the jME software & community :) We'd love to get affiliated with more academics, be it students or professors.

Hell yea. of course. :evil: u dont even need to mention.

I started my presentation with Indie game development and FOSS. So, obviously jMonkey came out at the beginning.

Special thanks to normen, who recompiled the svn, when i was in a sea of trouble. :)