Well, I’m experimenting a problem with Lemur’s GuiGlobals.requestFocus. I use it to set the focus to a text field:
The textfield is in a custom element that I added to the scene with:
All works as I desire until I remove the element and I want my old input functionality back. I restore the input listeners and I remove the element from the node but the “onAction” is no long receiving pressed events (when I release a key, so the pressed value is false on the “onAction”, it works well but not for pressed ones, when true).
So, in resume:
- I remove my player input listener.
- I show the lemur’s element on the screen (I attach the element node).
- I set the focus on added the lemur’s element.
- I remove the lemur’s element from the screen.
- I add my player input listener.
result: all key events are fine but the “press” ones (just the analogs and the key releases actions).
I found that with
GuiGlobals.getInstance().requestFocus(rootNode); it works fine again but I’m not sure if this is the right procedure and if it is not leading to further problems.
All help is appreciated.