Hi everyone, I have a question and need your help.
I have a model, after adding a light probe to the rootNode, it takes 30 seconds to render, I want to know if there is a way to speed up the rendering of the light probe, or I am using the wrong way.
Here’s how I use the light probe:
EnvironmentCamera envCam = new EnvironmentCamera(256, new Vector3f(0, 0, 0), Image.Format.RGB8);
Application app = this.stateManager.getApplication();
envCam.initialize(stateManager, app); //Manually initilaize so we can add a probe before the next update happens
LightProbe probe = LightProbeFactory.makeProbe(envCam, rootNode);
probe.getArea().setRadius(5); //Set the probe's radius in world units
probe.setPosition(new Vector3f(0, 0.25f, 0)); //Position it in 3d space
I also tried to use the SDK to bake the light probe into the model, but the generated j3o exceeds 20MB and the program reports an error. I found that JME does not allow me to load a model larger than 20MB, and I don’t know what goes wrong.
Sorry！It’s my fault. I thought it was the simulator’s problem before, so I changed the moble phone to test but there was also the problem. Just now I borrowed an Android device with more memory and the test passed.
Thanks for your reply, I will read your article carefully.
I have been testing with Android mobile devices before, but the model with more than 20MB will report an error. Today, the test suddenly works fine, and I don’t know what settings I changed to make the error disappear.
Just now, I used the JME SDK to add a light probe and light source to the model file in advance. After importing it to the Android mobile device, it took effect, the reflective material of the metal can be clearly seen,and appears at the same time as loading the model
If I add the light probe directly in the program,it takes almost 30s for my model to show the metallic reflective effect on Android devices.I didn’t investigate the exact reason.I think it maybe too performance consuming, I checked that the GPU was running at full capacity.
(Ps: I noticed some posts saying that Android devices cannot load light probes correctly, this is how I tried to make it work: EnvironmentCamera envCam = new EnvironmentCamera(256, new Vector3f(0, 0, 0), Image.Format.RGB8); )