Loading 1.0 binary model into 2.0?

Is it possible to load a JME 1.0 binary model into JME 2.0??  Unfortunately, I cannot easily get my hands on the original collada model.  The error I curently get is:

Mar 8, 2009 5:13:16 PM com.jme.util.export.binary.BinaryClassLoader fromName

SEVERE: Could not access constructor of class 'com.jme.image.Texture'!

Some types need to have the BinaryImporter set up in a special way. Please doublecheck the setup.

Mar 8, 2009 5:13:16 PM class com.jme.util.export.binary.BinaryImporter readObject(int id)

SEVERE: Exception

Tx, -CR

i don't think its possible :frowning:

I was afraid of that.

Could I read it into JME 1.0 and write it out in some other format that JME 2.0 can then read???

Tx, -CR

With a little work, you may be able to export to the XML format, and load that into jME 2. Beware though, I haven't heard of anyone actually doing this and it will most likely require manual editing of the XML to get it to work with version 2. I can't guarantee it will work, but its something for you to try if you really wanted.

Thanks.  I'm having a bit of trouble locating an XML exporter method.  If you happen to know where to look, I would appreciate a pointer.

Tx, -CR

I think exporting XML is a 2.0 feature :), which doesn't help.

It turns out that the problem with my binary models is the change in how textures are handled (i.e., the generalization to 1D, 2D and 3D).

I was thinking I would remove the texture in 1.0, re-export the binary, and then re-import it into 2.0.  However, I can't seem to remove the texture, I assume because it is "baked" into the model???  I tried the obvious

model.clearRenderState(RenderState.RS_TEXTURE);

but the render state was in fact null before I even did this.  Any suggestions for how to get rid of the text, so it is not dumped into the binary?

Tx, -CR

The texturestate may be in another node, child or parent. You can use either Scene Graph Dump or Scene Monitor to find where it is located.