Looking for Mentor../FP Camera Question

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but oh well. I don't do so well with forums, but I was wondering if anyone would mind answering questions through some type of messenger when I have them, related to JME and 3d programming. I've taken a semester of graphics programming at UT, which covered Java3D's scenegraph. It made a lot of sense to me, but JME has a nice library that I've had trouble picking up quickly. Most of my questions will be related to concepts using the library's, and an appropriate response may be just where to look at an example.

Ex Question (current thing im trying to figure out): How to implement a first person handler that is attached to some spatial object? Like a Node Handler? I can get a camera to run on top of terrain, or drag an object to where the camera goes, but that logic seems backwards to me.

If anyone's interested they can PM me, reply, email me (edwarddingle@gmail.com), or send me a message on AIM: Jason Ding1e.

Thanks !

WickedBear said:

Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but oh well. I don't do so well with forums, but I was wondering if anyone would mind answering questions through some type of messenger when I have them, related to JME and 3d programming. I've taken a semester of graphics programming at UT, which covered Java3D's scenegraph. It made a lot of sense to me, but JME has a nice library that I've had trouble picking up quickly. Most of my questions will be related to concepts using the library's, and an appropriate response may be just where to look at an example.

Not smart if you ask me. Why would you want to pick one brain if you can pick hundreds by posting in the forums?

What you are looking for is CameraNode (TestCameraNode)

There is a FirstPersonHandler and a ThirdPersonHandler in the package com.jme.input, if that might be what you're looking for.