LWJGLException: XError when starting application from SDK

Helo everybody !

I cannot start any application from the SDK, because the application. I can build it fine, but trying to run it causes this exception:

SEVERE: Failed to create display org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: X Error - disp: 0x7f4ec4001d60 serial: 24 error: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation) request_code: 154 minor_code: 14 at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.globalErrorHandler(LinuxDisplay.java:318) at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.initDefaultPeerInfo(Native Method) at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.<init>(LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.java:61) at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.createPeerInfo(LinuxDisplay.java:788) at org.lwjgl.opengl.DrawableGL.setPixelFormat(DrawableGL.java:61) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:843) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:754) at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.createContext(LwjglDisplay.java:140) at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:113) at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:207) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit, jdk 7

I tried following this guide for troubleshooting:

I set the SDK to use a heavyweight canvas. The result was, that the SDK itself froze during start.

Okay, i am going to reply with the answer: i simply reinstalled the latest ATI proprietary drivers using this guide:

That solved the problem.

1 Like