someone of you already know, that I plan to program a 3D - rollplaying game, like Might and Magic 6. Here is the tasklist:
- Ingame GUI / Menu GUI: Done!
- Movement: Done!
- Characterstats like HP/MP etc. : Done!
- Terrain and LOD Control: Done!
- Gamelogic: Done!
- Aimingcontrol / Fireing and damaging: Done!
Things on my worklist:
- Arrow shootdirection
- NPC movement like follow player, attack player, random movement etc.
- Trees, Bushes, Caves etc.
And now my questions:
1. I would like to build trees and bushes on my terrain heightmap. I want it really simple! No animations or something. Models are avaible, I only need a tutorial or something, how to make a scene, placing models on the heightmap and generate it. The scenecomposer is unbelievable buggy. Not possible to work with! I would use blender. Any ideas how to make a scene, loading the heightmap into it and placing the envireoment?
2. this.setLinearVelocity(Vector3f direction)! I need to change the cam.getDirection() to upperleft, because the center of the screen is not the center of my gameWindow! Any ideas how to change the direction to a bit upperleft? Like cam.setDirection(cam.getDirection().clone().add(??upperleft??))
3. Is there any samplecode for random NPC movement? Like walking around, change walkdirection on collision etc. I would be very happy :)
If you have any question, dont be shy to ask me :) I'm happy for everything!
Thanks for the help :)
PS: I will update this thread, if I change the tasklist :)